    Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board D850MV &
    Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737.
    Thanks.
    Newbie, May 21, 2006

  2. Newbie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:e4ptpt$rcv$,
    Newbie spewed forth:
    > Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board
    > D850MV & Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737.
    > Thanks.

    If you have a PCI slot open, yes. Another option would be USB:
    http://www.bestcableforless.com/search_usbadaptor.asp?txtFrom=SF (third from
    the bottom)

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2006

  3. Newbie

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-21, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    > In news:e4ptpt$rcv$,
    > Newbie spewed forth:
    >> Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board
    >> D850MV & Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737.
    >> Thanks.

    > If you have a PCI slot open, yes. Another option would be USB:
    > http://www.bestcableforless.com/search_usbadaptor.asp?txtFrom=SF (third from
    > the bottom)

    .... or PC Card (PCMCIA); USB would be a last resort.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 21, 2006
  4. Newbie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Whiskers spewed forth:
    > On 2006-05-21, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    >> In news:e4ptpt$rcv$,
    >> Newbie spewed forth:
    >>> Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board
    >>> D850MV & Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737.
    >>> Thanks.

    >> If you have a PCI slot open, yes. Another option would be USB:
    >> http://www.bestcableforless.com/search_usbadaptor.asp?txtFrom=SF
    >> (third from the bottom)

    > ... or PC Card (PCMCIA); USB would be a last resort.

    Being a desktop, I doubt PCMCIA would be an option.

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2006
  5. Newbie

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:52:47 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Being a desktop, I doubt PCMCIA would be an option.

    I have - err had - err have - it's in a box, a PCMCIA slot reader for
    desktop PC's.

    Pretty slick thing. :-D
    Evan Platt, May 22, 2006
  6. Newbie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Evan Platt spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:52:47 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Being a desktop, I doubt PCMCIA would be an option.

    > I have - err had - err have - it's in a box, a PCMCIA slot reader for
    > desktop PC's.
    >
    > Pretty slick thing. :-D

    True. I've seen them. The one's I'm familiar with require a PCI interface.
    Which is kind of self defeating if the OP doesn't have a PCI slot available.
    At the cost of the PCMCIA adapter and the PC-Card NIC, compared to a cheapo
    PCI NIC, it would be foolish. Which is why I didn't include it in the first
    list of options.

    Toolman Tim, May 22, 2006
  7. Newbie

    Mitch Guest

    In article <e4ptpt$rcv$>, Newbie <> wrote:

    > Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board D850MV &
    > Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737.
    > Thanks.

    You can add any card that complies with the slot type you have.

    The next problem after that is whether the driver is compatible with
    your OS (don't make the mistake of assuming most things are compatible
    with what you have -- actually check it.)
    Mitch, May 22, 2006
  8. Newbie

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 17:23:38 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2006-05-21, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    >> In news:e4ptpt$rcv$,
    >> Newbie spewed forth:
    >>> Can I add Ethernet Card in My PC, which has Intel Desktop Board D850MV
    >>> & Version MV85010A 86A 0011 P05 01111 41737. Thanks.

    >> If you have a PCI slot open, yes. Another option would be USB:
    >> http://www.bestcableforless.com/search_usbadaptor.asp?txtFrom=SF (third
    >> from the bottom)

    > ... or PC Card (PCMCIA); USB would be a last resort.

    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAh you dolt.

    Meat Plow, May 22, 2006
  9. Newbie

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-22, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 May 2006 17:23:38 +0100, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2006-05-21, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    >>> In news:e4ptpt$rcv$,
    >>> Newbie spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> If you have a PCI slot open, yes. Another option would be USB:
    >>> http://www.bestcableforless.com/search_usbadaptor.asp?txtFrom=SF (third
    >>> from the bottom)

    >> ... or PC Card (PCMCIA); USB would be a last resort.

    > BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAh you dolt.

    Such informative erudition!

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 22, 2006
  10. Newbie

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-21, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    > In news:,
    > Evan Platt spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:52:47 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Being a desktop, I doubt PCMCIA would be an option.

    >> I have - err had - err have - it's in a box, a PCMCIA slot reader for
    >> desktop PC's.
    >>
    >> Pretty slick thing. :-D

    > True. I've seen them. The one's I'm familiar with require a PCI interface.
    > Which is kind of self defeating if the OP doesn't have a PCI slot available.
    > At the cost of the PCMCIA adapter and the PC-Card NIC, compared to a cheapo
    > PCI NIC, it would be foolish. Which is why I didn't include it in the first
    > list of options.

    There are also many 'card reader sockets' that can be mounted in spare
    disc-drive bays, with access from the front of the case. I've seen PCs on
    sale with them installed. It could be a very practical and economic
    option for someone who has both laptop and non-portable machines with no
    built-in ethernet sockets, and doesn't require them both to be networked
    at the same time. That goes for 'wireless' NICs as well, of course.

    The technology is a little dated now, but at one time a PCMCIA microdrive
    or RAM card was a viable means of backing up files or making them available
    on different machines (including PDAs and simple portable 'word processors)
    with no network being required. I still use an IBM microdrive for that
    purpose from time to time - after all, it cost enough when new!

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 22, 2006