    Alan Guest

    Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
    similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?
    Alan, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Alan

    jtw Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:12:58 +0100, "Alan" <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
    >similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?

    It is. Been a while since I have seen this type of connector. I hav
    never actually used one, but have seen one. Bother me to think I was
    connecting two patch cables like this. Probably ok for home uses. Try
    blackbox of some other online source.

    jtw
    --

    http://www.UsenetRocket.com
    jtw, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Alan

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:12:58 +0100, Alan wrote:

    >Is it possible to join ethernet cable with some kind of connecting device
    >similar to connecting telephone or aerial cable?

    Not similar , but a switch / hub will do the job.

    Similar, but remember the total max length limit.. Maplin ,
    www.maplin.co.uk has/had 2 RJ45 couplers, 1 was crossed and the other
    was straight through.

    A better selection, http://rswww.com/ which is RS Components

    Category 5 In-Line Wiring Boxes , part code 340-9646
    was used at work several times, other choices are

    (joins bare cable ends, i.e. requires wiring )
    RJ/RJ45 Couplers Unshielded/Shielded , 186-3149

    RJ11/45 Extender , 186-3161

    RJ11/RJ45 Couplers Straight Through and Crossed ,
    Straight - 186-3048
    Crossed - 186-3054

    (joins plugs, no wiring)
    RJ45 Couplers Category 5 Unshielded/Shielded
    340-9624

    Me
    why?, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Alan