    back into the system should I need to later.
    I am running win98 and my internet connection is via the PPPoE adapter using
    DSL.

    Paul Johnson, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Paul Johnson

    Jerry G. Guest

    Why do you want to delete your 3COM. Your modem also networks through
    the software part of it. If you are using Zone Alarm, set it up properly
    so you will not have any problems with it.

    As for the use of Zone Alarm, I found it very resource hungry, but it
    worked fairly well.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Paul Johnson" <> wrote in message
    In my Zone Alarm under the tab Firewall/Main are listed two adapters.
    The
    first is 3Com 3C90x Ethernet Adapter. It shows a fixed IP address. I am
    not
    part of a LAN at all and I think this fixed IP number is getting in the
    way.
    The second listing is NTS PPPoE Adapter and it shows the dynamic IP
    address.
    If I right click the 3COM one I have the option of deleting it. What I
    am
    not sure of is if, when I delete it, it will just disappear from Zone
    Alarm
    or if it disappears from my computer system altogether.
    Is it safe to delete the 3Com adapter? And why I ask is that I am having
    spot of bother with a program not running well. I think it has to do
    with it
    using the 3COM adapter when it should use the NTS one. I would like to
    just
    disable the 3COM adapter without actually deleting it but I do not know
    how.
    But if I delete it from the system I would also like to know how to get
    it

    Jerry G., Sep 24, 2004

  3. Paul Johnson

    Paul Johnson Guest

    Dear Jerry - thank you for telling me I need 3COM to function properly.
    However you did not explain what I am supposed to do so that I only have one
    IP number - that being the one issued daily by the server. As I said having
    two IP's seems unnecessary and seems to present a problem with a Program
    called CQ Phone. Again If I do not delete the 3COM then what do I do to set
    up Zone Alarm as you hinted?
    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Sep 24, 2004