    All latest drivers implemented

    MSI K8 Neo Platinum
    AMD 3400 64

    bb, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Bunches. Any that are broadcom based. Most of the newer Intel NICs. And I've
    been using one from RealTek that is cheap and works just fine. All the
    RealTek have drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 24, 2005

  3. "bb" <> wrote in message
    > Which ethernet cards, if any, work with XP 64 Pro. LinkSys does not,
    > D-link does not, and my on-board NVidia NForce 3 LAN died unexpectedly
    > after 1 month. Any Ethernet adapter suggestions?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > All latest drivers implemented
    >
    > MSI K8 Neo Platinum
    > AMD 3400 64

    Check MSI's website. Your onboard NIC should have 64 bit drivers.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Sep 24, 2005
  4. bb

    Mirko Guest

    "Wayne Wastier" <>
    :%...

    > "bb" <> wrote in message
    >> Which ethernet cards, if any, work with XP 64 Pro. LinkSys does not,
    >> D-link does not, and my on-board NVidia NForce 3 LAN died unexpectedly
    >> after 1 month. Any Ethernet adapter suggestions?
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> All latest drivers implemented
    >>
    >> MSI K8 Neo Platinum
    >> AMD 3400 64
    >>

    > Check MSI's website. Your onboard NIC should have 64 bit drivers.
    >

    > Wayne

    I believe he meant that his on-board is NIC is broken ("died").

    Mirko, Sep 24, 2005
  5. If your onboard nVidia adapter stopped working after a BIOS upgrade see
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=84357.0 and reflash with the
    suggested parameters.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 24, 2005
  6. bb

    bb Guest

    Yes, the MSI 64 bit "6.39 beta" drivers are what I believe killed my
    on-board NIC. and the "Beta" Nforce 3, 6.25 drivers from NVidia for the
    Ethernet malfunction as well.
    "Bunches" of cards work" can you be more specific with a model number? Best
    Buy has no 64 bit compatible cards, nor does Comp USA, nor does Circuit
    City, so if I must purchase over the web sight unseen, it would help to
    have a model to search for.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    bb, Sep 24, 2005
  7. Any currently shipping Pro/100 or Pro/1000 Intel card should have 64bit
    drivers. There's a Micronet Gbit out there for well under $50 USD that is
    RealTek 8169 based and works just fine. Certainly all those places you
    describe should have the Intel, if nothing else. The Micronet is widely
    available over the internet. Here, at NCIX. They ship both US and Canada.
    http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10935

    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 24, 2005
  8. "bb" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, the MSI 64 bit "6.39 beta" drivers are what I believe killed my
    > on-board NIC. and the "Beta" Nforce 3, 6.25 drivers from NVidia for the
    > Ethernet malfunction as well.
    > "Bunches" of cards work" can you be more specific with a model number?
    > Best Buy has no 64 bit compatible cards, nor does Comp USA, nor does
    > Circuit City, so if I must purchase over the web sight unseen, it would
    > help to have a model to search for.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Ok, For some reason didn't see that. Then you should RMA your mobo to MSI,
    and get a replacement.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Sep 24, 2005
  9. bb

    Mirko Guest

    According to the pictures on this website:
    http://www.trendware.com/asp/download_manager/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=144
    it seems that this NIC:
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50243697&pfp=BROWSE
    uses the RTL8139C chip from Realtek for which you can find the driver here:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?lineid=1&famid=3&series=16&Software=True

    "bb" <> :%...

    Mirko, Sep 24, 2005
  10. bb

    Bob Guest

    I found the little known solution for awakening my on-board LAN from the
    dead. Pull the power plug from the comnputer..........wait a half minute,
    re-plug back in and voila! Apparently this board has issues regarding the
    LAN randomly crashing out and it has to be totally unpowered to reset it. I
    will still, however, look into the Intel card. And no, Best Buy, CC, or
    CompUSA don't carry Intel or Realtek. Only D-Link, LinkSsy, Netgear and some
    other generic crap.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Bob

    Bob, Sep 26, 2005