    for redundancy, so I'm to lazy to hassle with STP:)

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Igor Mamuzic

    stephen Guest

    "Igor Mamuzic" <> wrote in message
    news:dgk8ph$48p$-com.hr...
    > If I have 2 c3750 EI switches that makes my distribution layer, so that

    they
    > are configured to run EIGRP with other switches/routers and provides L2
    > connectivity and interVLAN routing for my access-layer is it better to

    build
    > a switch stack (StackWise) and then implement etherchannels for l2 access
    > layer (c2950) connectivity rather then implementing STP between my access
    > and distribution?

    this is fine as long as 1 switch in the centre is resilient "enough" - for
    example that ties the boxes to the same rack in the same room....

    the main limitation is that there is 1 logical swt at each end of the
    Etherchannel, so if you get some sort of s/w bug you could blow it all away.

    etherchannel is fairly stable, but i have seen problems where it dies - not
    for a while though.

    > I'm for switch stacking with etherchannels since I already implemented it

    at
    > some customers sites... What do you guys think?
    >
    > I'm currently have only one c3750, but now I'm planning to add anotherone
    > for redundancy, so I'm to lazy to hassle with STP:)

    Spanning tree has lots of failure modes all of its own anyway - a 1 way link
    can melt the set of connected switch when the circulating multicasts use all
    bandwidth and CPU.

    if you need dual central swt then i prefer a purely layer 3 core, with each
    wiring closet forming a separate subnet.

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl

    stephen, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Igor Mamuzic

    Guest

    If you have been there, done that, and liked it you should
    keep going with it.

    I have always been a bit nervous of the etherchannel route for
    resilience however it is clearly now a mature technology and
    I doubt that many would argue with you.

    , Sep 19, 2005