    I want to limit the bandwidth on 1 of these vlans to not use more than
    1gb, is this possible?

    Thanks
    Chris, Nov 23, 2009

  2. Chris

    donjohnston

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    38
    Yes, an etherchannel can be a trunk.

    And yes, you can use rate limiting (providing your platform and IOS support it) to restrict bandwidth on the etherchannel.
    donjohnston, Nov 23, 2009

  3. Chris

    Thrill5 Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I want to know if this is possible.
    >
    > I have an etherchannel of 4 ports carrying multiple vlans.
    >
    > I want to limit the bandwidth on 1 of these vlans to not use more than
    > 1gb, is this possible?
    >
    > Thanks

    For the most part rate-limiting and traffic shaping isn't supported vlan
    interfaces on switches. Why not just put this vlan on its own gig
    interface?
    Thrill5, Nov 25, 2009
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    On Nov 25, 3:18 am, "Thrill5" <> wrote:
    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Hi
    > > I want to know if this is possible.

    > > I have an etherchannel of 4 ports carrying multiple vlans.

    > > I want to limit the bandwidth on 1 of these vlans to not use more than
    > > 1gb, is this possible?

    > > Thanks

    > For the most part rate-limiting and traffic shaping isn't supported vlan
    > interfaces on switches.   Why not just put this vlan on its own gig
    > interface?

    So we have only 4 physical ports, and mutliple vlans. (trunk port). We
    want to guarantee that 4 of the vlans have 3.2 gbs. So want to limit
    one vlan which could potentially use a lot of bandwidth to say
    250mbs.

    I tried it out using rate limit and police commands but it had no
    effect.
    Chris, Nov 27, 2009