Etherchannel Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tman, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. tman

    tman Guest

    I just set up and etherchannel between two GBIC ports on a Cisco
    2948G-L3 and a Cisco 2960-24T.

    On the Cisco 2948G-L3 I have five BVIs, each with and IP Address, for
    my five subnets. The two GBIC ports are in the port-channel and the
    port-channel is in BVI5. The Cisco 2960-24T only has the default
    vlan1. It has an IP Address on the same subnet as the BVI5 above e.g.,
    192.168.5.0.

    Both port-channels are up and I can ping across the two switches. The
    question I have is:

    Is there a command to check the etherchannel to see if I am getting 2
    Gig uplink with now flap or other problems?

    By the way, when I was configuring these etherchannels I had to do a
    "no negotiation auto" on the Cisco 2948G-L3 to get it to come up. I
    set the mode on the etherchannels to on, mostly because I didn't know
    what the other modes meant.

    Thanks

    tman, Aug 18, 2006

  2. tman

    BernieM Guest

    "tman" <> wrote in message
    >I just set up and etherchannel between two GBIC ports on a Cisco
    > 2948G-L3 and a Cisco 2960-24T.
    >
    > On the Cisco 2948G-L3 I have five BVIs, each with and IP Address, for
    > my five subnets. The two GBIC ports are in the port-channel and the
    > port-channel is in BVI5. The Cisco 2960-24T only has the default
    > vlan1. It has an IP Address on the same subnet as the BVI5 above e.g.,
    > 192.168.5.0.
    >
    > Both port-channels are up and I can ping across the two switches. The
    > question I have is:
    >
    > Is there a command to check the etherchannel to see if I am getting 2
    > Gig uplink with now flap or other problems?
    >
    > By the way, when I was configuring these etherchannels I had to do a
    > "no negotiation auto" on the Cisco 2948G-L3 to get it to come up. I
    > set the mode on the etherchannels to on, mostly because I didn't know
    > what the other modes meant.
    >
    > Thanks

    "show etherchannel detail"

    BernieM, Aug 19, 2006