etherchannel configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by genio, Feb 4, 2010.

  1. genio

    genio

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hello experts,

    I attached last time the config and error with this message. But don't know why it didn't attach. anyway i attach those files now.
    I have some confusion regarding etherchannel. The scenario is

    1) one the IBM blade server there are 4 cisco 3110G switch in stack and the other side there are 6 3750G switches in stack.
    2) every first 2 ports of the 3110G switch are connects to 5th 3750G switch and other 2 ports of 3110G switches connect to 6 switch.
    3) in total 8 ports of these four 3110G switches in port channel 5 and other 8 ports are in port channel 6.
    4) the both port channels are in trunk mode and allowed 5 vlans and one of them as native vlan.

    the problem arise after configure the port-channel 6 the whole network goes down. So I shut down the port channel 6. Now the port-channel 5 is working again and the rest of the network. the error log i am sending with attachment as well as the config. My question is

    1) the native vlan is flapping between the two port channels. the rest will flap too as well because presently those vlans are not up.
    2) i assign spanning tree cost for both port channels. but even the flapping starts after 5 minutes. so whether it will work if i apply spanning tree vlan priority higher in one port channel than the same vlans in other port channel.

    i attach the config and error log too.

    really grateful if somebody can assist.

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    genio, Feb 4, 2010

  2. genio

    donjohnston

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    38
    On the 3110G, do the following for the portchannel interfaces and the physical interfaces that make up the etherchannel

    no spanning-tree portfast
    no spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
    donjohnston, Feb 9, 2010

  3. genio