    group the channels from both 4507's into an Etherchannel will this
    make it work?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

    Darren White, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Darren White

    stephen Guest

    "Darren White" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Came up with the idea of using Load balancing from our HP Servers to 2
    > seperate Cisco 4507's using Etherchannel. The first question is "Will
    > it Work?" I have read some artcles that don't really answer this!!

    it might but it shouldnt - Etherchannel needs the 2 or more ports at each
    end of the combined link to be on the same device.

    you have to ask if you need this anyway - many different servers are happy
    to load balance across 2 NICs without needing to use the same MAC address on
    both cards - that type of load balance just needs 2 different ports within
    the same VLAN.

    > The thought I had is that the 2 4507's are connected to a 6509 if I
    > group the channels from both 4507's into an Etherchannel will this
    > make it work?

    nope - same issue.

    --
    Regards

    stephen, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Darren White

    Darren White Guest

    "stephen" <> wrote in message news:<sN10d.107$>...
    > "Darren White" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Came up with the idea of using Load balancing from our HP Servers to 2
    > > seperate Cisco 4507's using Etherchannel. The first question is "Will
    > > it Work?" I have read some artcles that don't really answer this!!

    > it might but it shouldnt - Etherchannel needs the 2 or more ports at each
    > end of the combined link to be on the same device.
    >
    > you have to ask if you need this anyway - many different servers are happy
    > to load balance across 2 NICs without needing to use the same MAC address on
    > both cards - that type of load balance just needs 2 different ports within
    > the same VLAN.
    > >
    > > The thought I had is that the 2 4507's are connected to a 6509 if I
    > > group the channels from both 4507's into an Etherchannel will this
    > > make it work?

    > nope - same issue.
    > >
    > > Any help will be greatly appreciated

    Many thanks I will speak to the Server team and see if they could get
    the Servers to present 2 mac addresses to the 4507 but use the sam IP.

    Darren White, Sep 10, 2004