    I asked the guy mentioned in the site but no answer yet and no way to get
    help form Sympatico support team.

    Thank you.

    Jaya, Oct 21, 2010

  2. Jaya wrote:

    > My ISP is Sympatico. I would like to know how to set up news eternal
    > september org using WLM and Windows 7.

    You need to sign up at eternal-september.org - with a valid email
    address - have you done that yet? You will receive account information
    sent to that email address.

    > There is nothing in the main site concerning Windows Live Mail.

    How about Outlook Express? It's the same as WLM. (Though I would
    recommend a better newsreader...)

    > I set it up but can't connect. Something is wrong but I don't know
    > what.

    You aren't authenticating with your assigned account ID and password.

    > I asked the guy mentioned in the site but no answer yet and no way to
    > get help form Sympatico support team.

    Don't bother. This is not an ISP thing. As long as you can connect to
    the Internet, the rest of the job is up to you.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 21, 2010

  3. Jaya

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jaya wrote:
    > My ISP is Sympatico. I would like to know how to set up news eternal
    > september org using WLM and Windows 7.

    First register with a good address
    http://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en
    User registration

    Then get the user/pass at the email address.

    > There is nothing in the main site concerning Windows Live Mail.

    Here are screenshots of configuring news.individual.net for WLM.
    Everything is done the same except using news.eternal-september.org
    instead of news.individual.net

    http://individual.net/configuration/windowslivemail-2009-win-en.php
    Program configuration for Windows Live Mail

    > I set it up but can't connect. Something is wrong but I don't know what.

    Even if you are unregistered, you should be connecting with the server.

    Use the configuration shown in the screenshots which includes requires
    me to log in, port 119 and no secure authentication.

    > I asked the guy mentioned in the site but no answer yet and no way to
    > get help form Sympatico support team.

    Most people who have trouble with e-s eternal-september are able to
    access the server (but fail to log in) and so they can get the
    eternal-september groups but not the rest of the groups.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 21, 2010
  4. Jaya

    Jaya Guest

    Hi! Mike,

    I followed your suggestion and everything works very well.

    Thank you very much, you are very helpful in this group.

    Jaya

    Jaya, Oct 21, 2010
  5. Jaya

    Jaya Guest

    Hi !

    I followed instruction from Mike and everything is working fine now.

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
    i9pu80$k51$-september.org...

    Jaya, Oct 21, 2010
  6. Jaya

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jaya wrote:
    > Hi! Mike,
    >
    > I followed your suggestion and everything works very well.
    >
    > Thank you very much, you are very helpful in this group.

    YW. You're welcome. I have some - 2 - more suggestions.

    -1- Configure your WLM to use quote marks.

    Get to this screen in Options:

    http://individual.net/images/screenshots/windowslivemail-2009-win-en-16.png

    That is: Tools menu/ Options item/ Send tab/ News Sending Format section.

    Then click the Plain Text Settings button in the news sending format and
    near the bottom check the box "Indent the original text with '>' when
    replying or forwarding"

    -2- Follow contextual and conversational format by editing your
    replies in this order: after you hit reply, begin trimming every line of
    the quotation that you aren't going to reply directly to, then put your
    reply just under those words after an empty line, then trim everything
    else below, especially including signatures and such.

    Here is an illustration of a conversation between several people
    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml This document is a description
    of the traditionally accepted "quoting style" in Usenet newsgroup postings.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 21, 2010
  7. Jaya

    Anyone Guest

    why?

    Barry OGrady wrote on 21-Oct-10 15:02 ...

    Anyone, Oct 21, 2010
  8. Jaya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:02:55 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:30:14 -0400, "Jaya" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi! Mike,
    >>
    >>I followed your suggestion and everything works very well.
    >>
    >>Thank you very much, you are very helpful in this group.

    > Its important that you don't top post.

    Har de fucking har.

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

    Aardvark, Oct 22, 2010
  9. Jaya

    Jaya Guest

    "Mike Easter" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

    YW. You're welcome. I have some - 2 - more suggestions.

    -1- Configure your WLM to use quote marks.

    Get to this screen in Options:

    http://individual.net/images/screenshots/windowslivemail-2009-win-en-16.png

    That is: Tools menu/ Options item/ Send tab/ News Sending Format section.

    Then click the Plain Text Settings button in the news sending format and
    near the bottom check the box "Indent the original text with '>' when
    replying or forwarding"

    I don't have that box to indent even if I use the latest version of WLM
    2011.

    -2- Follow contextual and conversational format by editing your
    replies in this order: after you hit reply, begin trimming every line of
    the quotation that you aren't going to reply directly to, then put your
    reply just under those words after an empty line, then trim everything
    else below, especially including signatures and such.

    I normally do that but I replied too fast.

    Jaya, Oct 22, 2010
  10. Jaya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:24:09 -0400, Jaya wrote:

    > NOTHING

    Huh?

    Aardvark, Oct 22, 2010
  11. Jaya

    Jaya Guest

    "Mike Easter" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

    -1- Configure your WLM to use quote marks.

    Get to this screen in Options:

    http://individual.net/images/screenshots/windowslivemail-2009-win-en-16.png

    That is: Tools menu/ Options item/ Send tab/ News Sending Format section.

    Then click the Plain Text Settings button in the news sending format and
    near the bottom check the box "Indent the original text with '>' when
    replying or forwarding"

    Here is a screenshot of the Plain Text Settings :

    http://dl.free.fr/v1JUJpmWd/Paramètresd'envoi.jpg

    Please take note that I am now using WLM 2011 and Windows 7.

    Jaya

    Jaya, Oct 22, 2010