    It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    (The thing with a flying bit of paper).

    Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.
    geopelia, Feb 16, 2013

  2. geopelia

    EMB Guest

    On 17/02/2013 9:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    > I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    > newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    > It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    > (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >
    > Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    Eternal-September needs your username and password entered into the
    newsreader software before it will download the list of groups.

    As always, details of operating system, newsreader software (with
    version numbers) will be needed to offer any specific help.
    EMB, Feb 16, 2013

  3. geopelia

    bugalugs Guest

    On 17/02/2013 9:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    > I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    > newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    > It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    > (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >
    > Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    You might have to register on the other computer

    http://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en

    bugalugs, Feb 16, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kfopi7$n3l$>, ,
    geopelia says...

    > I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    > newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    > It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    > (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >
    > Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    You haven't mentioned what program you use (again), but assuming Outlook
    Express - you'll need, clearly, to setup the account again on the new
    computer, as it has no knowlege of your old account.

    So.... server: news.eternal-september.org - and put in your logon
    credentials for your eternal september account.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Feb 17, 2013
  5. geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:18:27 +1300, Dave Doe <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    Donchano, Feb 17, 2013
  6. On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:08:47 +1300, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:18:27 +1300, Dave Doe <> shouted
    >from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>In article <kfopi7$n3l$>, ,
    >>geopelia says...
    >>>
    >>> I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    >>> newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    >>> It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    >>> (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >>>
    >>> Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    >>You haven't mentioned what program you use (again), but assuming Outlook
    >>Express - you'll need, clearly, to setup the account again on the new
    >>computer, as it has no knowlege of your old account.

    >>So.... server: news.eternal-september.org - and put in your logon
    >>credentials for your eternal september account.

    A Real newsreader Forte Agent

    http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
    Frank Williams, Feb 17, 2013
  7. geopelia

    EMB Guest

    On 17/02/2013 5:08 p.m., Donchano wrote:

    > On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:18:27 +1300, Dave Doe <> shouted
    > from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> In article <kfopi7$n3l$>, ,
    >> geopelia says...
    >>>
    >>> I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    >>> newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    >>> It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    >>> (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >>>
    >>> Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    >> You haven't mentioned what program you use (again), but assuming Outlook
    >> Express - you'll need, clearly, to setup the account again on the new
    >> computer, as it has no knowlege of your old account.

    If Geo's 'Computer Man' has furnished her with a 'new computer' and it
    is running Outlook Express 6.0 then he needs euthanising.
    EMB, Feb 17, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "bugalugs" <> wrote in message
    > On 17/02/2013 9:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    >> I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    >> newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    >> It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    >> (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >>
    >> Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe
    >> list.
    >>

    > You might have to register on the other computer
    >
    > http://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en
    >
    > --
    > Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    Dunb, aren't I? But folks here are very helpful.
    geopelia, Feb 17, 2013
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kfopi7$n3l$>, ,
    > geopelia says...
    >>
    >> I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    >> newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    >> It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    >> (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    >>
    >> Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe
    >> list.

    > You haven't mentioned what program you use (again), but assuming Outlook
    > Express - you'll need, clearly, to setup the account again on the new
    > computer, as it has no knowlege of your old account.
    >
    > So.... server: news.eternal-september.org - and put in your logon
    > credentials for your eternal september account.

    Thank you.
    The computer man did that today.
    geopelia, Feb 17, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    d, Donchano says...

    > On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:18:27 +1300, Dave Doe <> shouted
    > from the highest rooftop:
    >
    > >In article <kfopi7$n3l$>, ,
    > >geopelia says...
    > >>
    > >> I've changed computers and need to get the full list of eternal-september
    > >> newsgroups, to subscribe to mine again.
    > >> It starts and immediately switches off every time.
    > >> (The thing with a flying bit of paper).
    > >>
    > >> Is it just me, or is eternal-september having problems? I got the aioe list.

    > >You haven't mentioned what program you use (again), but assuming Outlook
    > >Express - you'll need, clearly, to setup the account again on the new
    > >computer, as it has no knowlege of your old account.

    On the old computer?, new computer?, the neighbours? - the only thing
    one can assume from the header info is that it's the computer used to
    make that post.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Feb 17, 2013