    Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
    street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

    , Jan 29, 2006

  2. On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:07 -0800, <> wrote:
    > Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
    > street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

    According to http://dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3236
    the price will be $399, shipping in March. I'm a bit surprised; that's
    only $50 or so more expensive than the current FZ5 street price.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    Daniel Silevitch wrote:

    > On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:07 -0800, <> wrote:
    > > Has Panasonic or any reliable third party source quoted an estimated
    > > street price for the upcoming FZ7 ?

    > According to http://dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3236
    > the price will be $399, shipping in March. I'm a bit surprised; that's
    > only $50 or so more expensive than the current FZ5 street price.
    >
    > -dms

    Thanks Daniel. I thought I saw the figure $399 somewhere, but couldn't
    be sure and could not find it again. I thought I might have been
    mistaken since, as you said, that figure is surprisingly low for a new
    upgraded model.

    On paper, the FZ7 appears to have addressed most of my reservations
    against the FZ5 and even the FZ20. These are the low-res movie mode,
    lack of 3:2 format, EVF not in-line with the lens, weak flash (FZ5 - at
    least compared to the FZ20 and Sony H1), LCD smaller than some
    alternatives, blocky rectangular shape.

    If only they'd upgrade the USB interface to 2.0. And for me personally,
    making it run on two AA NiMH cells like the Sony H1 would make it
    almost perfect, although I can understand why some people prefer Li-ion.

    , Jan 29, 2006