    'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Mar 13, 2009

  2. ~BD~

    Bit Twister Guest

    Bit Twister, Mar 13, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:32:32 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:
    >> Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >> Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >>
    >> http://www.browserreport.com/

    > Somewhat better site http://gemal.dk/browserspy/

    Thank you for that site, Bit Twister. :)

    Very interesting information.

    I was especially pleased to be referred to OpenDNS, viZ:-

    OpenDNS is the world's largest and fastest-growing DNS provider, making
    the Internet safer, faster, smarter and more reliable for millions of
    people around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company
    operates a new kind of recursive Domain Name System (DNS) service that
    enables the delivery of services like Web content filtering and
    industry-leading phishing protection through the DNS, free and without
    requiring users to download or install software. OpenDNS is thoroughly
    committed to operating the best DNS platform in the world and to
    improving the Internet. For more information about OpenDNS, please
    visit: http://www.opendns.com

    ~BD~, Mar 13, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    Cautious Joe Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >
    > http://www.browserreport.com/
    >
    > Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >
    > 'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    > --
    > Dave

    I dont know a lot about security - but why do you think any of this
    information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os /
    browser etc - so what?
    what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to
    harm me?
    I just dont get it.
    If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open
    the door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    Cautious Joe, Mar 13, 2009
  5. It happens that Cautious Joe formulated :
    > ~BD~ wrote:
    >> Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >>
    >> http://www.browserreport.com/
    >>
    >> Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >>
    >> 'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    >> -- Dave

    > I dont know a lot about security - but why do you think any of this
    > information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os / browser
    > etc - so what?
    > what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to harm
    > me?
    > I just dont get it.
    > If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open the
    > door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    Why are you then hiding your IP when posting to this group? You people
    advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    are very funny.

    You are hiding your IP and your are posting under a nickname. Why do
    you hide your real name when posting? What do you have to hide?

    I hide my IP because I have something to hide, but since you do not,
    why do that.

    And regarding http://gemal.dk/browserspy/

    They have now an easier to remember URL:
    http://browserspy.dk/

    --
    Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com

    Frank Merlott, Mar 15, 2009
  6. ~BD~

    Cautious Joe Guest

    Frank Merlott wrote:

    > Why are you then hiding your IP when posting to this group? You people
    > advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    > are very funny.
    >
    > You are hiding your IP and your are posting under a nickname. Why do you
    > hide your real name when posting? What do you have to hide?
    >
    > I hide my IP because I have something to hide, but since you do not, why
    > do that.

    What are you talking about Frank?
    I am not 'hiding' my IP when posting to this group. Presumably if my IP
    is not visible it may have something to do with my newsserver - I do not
    know why it is not visible to you.

    What is more, I am not 'advocating' anything, yet you write "You people
    advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    are very funny" ?

    I simply asked a question - which has not had any meaningful answer so
    far - only your rant.

    Cautious Joe, Mar 15, 2009
  7. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:14:00 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:

    > ~BD~ wrote:
    >> Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >>
    >> http://www.browserreport.com/
    >>
    >> Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >>
    >> 'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    >> --
    >> Dave

    > I dont know a lot about security - but why do you think any of this
    > information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os /
    > browser etc - so what?
    > what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to
    > harm me?
    > I just dont get it.
    > If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open
    > the door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    With bits and pieces of information, you can be geolocated. Your IP
    address identifies, potentially, a computer that could be infiltrated
    and attacked/hacked. Think of your IP address as something as specific
    as your house address or as general as the county you live in.

    If you have nothing on your computer such as passwords, financial info,
    personal info, all you do is play offline Solitaire, you're cool. If
    not, you're susceptible to getting fucked in the ass.

    Hard.

    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/hmTc

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  8. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:35:14 +0100, Frank Merlott wrote:

    > It happens that Cautious Joe formulated :
    >> ~BD~ wrote:
    >>> Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.browserreport.com/
    >>>
    >>> Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >>>
    >>> 'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    >>> -- Dave

    >> I dont know a lot about security - but why do you think any of this
    >> information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os / browser
    >> etc - so what?
    >> what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to harm
    >> me?
    >> I just dont get it.
    >> If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open the
    >> door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    > Why are you then hiding your IP when posting to this group? You people
    > advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    > are very funny.
    >
    > You are hiding your IP and your are posting under a nickname. Why do
    > you hide your real name when posting? What do you have to hide?
    >
    > I hide my IP because I have something to hide, but since you do not,
    > why do that.

    A little over the top there, Shiraz.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/hmTc

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  9. ~BD~

    Cautious Joe Guest

    Ari® wrote:

    > With bits and pieces of information, you can be geolocated. Your IP
    > address identifies, potentially, a computer that could be infiltrated
    > and attacked/hacked. Think of your IP address as something as specific
    > as your house address or as general as the county you live in.

    An IP address is essential for tcp/ip packets to be sent and recieved.
    No connection can be made without it. There is nothing 'secret' about an
    IP address.

    IP addresses are attached to many surprising devices that sit on the
    internet - not just PCs.

    The idea that someone could be infiltrated because their IP address is
    known, simply is not true. From a security standpoint, a pc should be
    properly set up with a firewall at least. If some website chooses to
    record my IP address, browser details (like shown in the website on the
    link-) that is just about all they will get.

    If i send a http request to a website to display a page. This will be in
    the form of a stream of data packets. The data packet MUST contain a
    return address - ie my IP address (or some proxy address) if i am to get
    the return stream of data that will display the requested page.

    Anyone who tells you that you can be anonymous on the internet is
    misguided. There must always be a origin in a connection and that origin
    can be traced in any number of ways - if someone wishes to do so.

    So I do not understand why I should be worried about a website getting
    my IP address and 'identifying' my browser - if I want that website to
    communicate with me.

    > If you have nothing on your computer such as passwords, financial info,
    > personal info, all you do is play offline Solitaire, you're cool. If
    > not, you're susceptible to getting fucked in the ass.

    Everyone is susceptible to that. You just have to try you best and hope
    it never happens.

    Cautious Joe, Mar 15, 2009
  10. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:

    > I am not 'hiding' my IP when posting to this group.

    Yes you are.

    > Presumably if my IP
    > is not visible it may have something to do with my newsserver - I do not
    > know why it is not visible to you.

    You don't how to read a header? Or a TOS? Are you a tosser?

    From: Cautious Joe <>
    Newsgroups: alt.computer.security
    Subject: Re: Essential information about your web browser
    Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  11. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:29:47 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:

    > Ari® wrote:
    >
    >> With bits and pieces of information, you can be geolocated. Your IP
    >> address identifies, potentially, a computer that could be infiltrated
    >> and attacked/hacked. Think of your IP address as something as specific
    >> as your house address or as general as the county you live in.

    > An IP address is essential for tcp/ip packets to be sent and recieved.
    > No connection can be made without it. There is nothing 'secret' about an
    > IP address.

    It is when you don't expose it or expose a proxies.

    > IP addresses are attached to many surprising devices that sit on the
    > internet - not just PCs.

    Nice copy and paste btw. lol

    > The idea that someone could be infiltrated because their IP address is
    > known, simply is not true.

    Really? I'll be damned. Whose going to tell all the malicious assholes
    who do that every day? Ain't gonna be me.

    > From a security standpoint, a pc should be
    > properly set up with a firewall at least.

    Really? Which one do you recommend?

    > If some website chooses to
    > record my IP address, browser details (like shown in the website on the
    > link-) that is just about all they will get. http://www.browserreport.com/
    > If i send a http request to a website to display a page. This will be in
    > the form of a stream of data packets. The data packet MUST contain a
    > return address - ie my IP address (or some proxy address) if i am to get
    > the return stream of data that will display the requested page.

    Copy-paste-irrelevant

    > Anyone who tells you that you can be anonymous on the internet is
    > misguided. There must always be a origin in a connection and that origin
    > can be traced in any number of ways - if someone wishes to do so.

    Well, you're all full of bullshit today.

    > So I do not understand why I should be worried about a website getting
    > my IP address and 'identifying' my browser - if I want that website to
    > communicate with me.

    No worries, keep on truckin', God protects the inane and ignorant.

    >> If you have nothing on your computer such as passwords, financial info,
    >> personal info, all you do is play offline Solitaire, you're cool. If
    >> not, you're susceptible to getting fucked in the ass.

    > Everyone is susceptible to that. You just have to try you best and hope
    > it never happens.

    Yeah.

    Yeah, that'll work. lol
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  12. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:14:00 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:

    > ~BD~ wrote:
    >> Essential information about *your* web browser may be found here:
    >>
    >> http://www.browserreport.com/
    >>
    >> Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.
    >>
    >> 'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)
    >> --
    >> Dave

    > I dont know a lot about security

    lol You do know a lot about being a duplicious assclown though.

    > - but why do you think any of this
    > information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os /
    > browser etc - so what?

    You would never understand, you don't know anything about security,
    remember?

    > what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to
    > harm me?
    > I just dont get it.

    Got that part right.

    > If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open
    > the door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    Depends on what you like. Today, you look like an AssClown.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  13. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:

    > I simply asked a question - which has not had any meaningful answer so
    > far - only your rant.

    Wrong, wrong, wrong, AssClown. You asked several questions, got expert
    the expert answers and, in the process attempted to answer your own
    questions yourself.

    This is what is called "assclowning", AssClown.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  14. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:27:29 -0400, Ari® wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:29:47 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:
    >
    >> Ari® wrote:
    >>
    >>> With bits and pieces of information, you can be geolocated. Your IP
    >>> address identifies, potentially, a computer that could be infiltrated
    >>> and attacked/hacked. Think of your IP address as something as specific
    >>> as your house address or as general as the county you live in.

    >> An IP address is essential for tcp/ip packets to be sent and recieved.
    >> No connection can be made without it. There is nothing 'secret' about an
    >> IP address.

    > It is when you don't expose it or expose a proxies.
    >
    >> IP addresses are attached to many surprising devices that sit on the
    >> internet - not just PCs.

    > Nice copy and paste btw. lol
    >
    >> The idea that someone could be infiltrated because their IP address is
    >> known, simply is not true.

    > Really? I'll be damned. Whose going to tell all the malicious assholes
    > who do that every day? Ain't gonna be me.
    >
    >> From a security standpoint, a pc should be
    >> properly set up with a firewall at least.

    > Really? Which one do you recommend?

    Joseph, welcome to Freeware University and as we say

    FU

    A freeware scientist will be along any week now with suitable freeware,
    tested using Bearmoron protocols.

    Of course.
    --
    Doctorate from FreeBeArSciEnce University (FreeBASE U) aka FU
    Motto: "We are end users with a brain...and such"

    ARACari, Ph.D., Mar 15, 2009
  15. ~BD~

    No One Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:33:26 -0400, Ari® wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I simply asked a question - which has not had any meaningful answer so
    >> far - only your rant.

    > Wrong, wrong, wrong, AssClown. You asked several questions, got expert
    > the expert answers and, in the process attempted to answer your own
    > questions yourself.
    >
    > This is what is called "assclowning", AssClown.

    So what we have here is an assclown, correct?

    No One, Mar 15, 2009
  16. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:37:06 -0400, No One wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:33:26 -0400, Ari® wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> I simply asked a question - which has not had any meaningful answer so
    >>> far - only your rant.

    >> Wrong, wrong, wrong, AssClown. You asked several questions, got expert
    >> the expert answers and, in the process attempted to answer your own
    >> questions yourself.
    >>
    >> This is what is called "assclowning", AssClown.

    > So what we have here is an assclown, correct?

    Essentially, yes.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  17. ~BD~

    Preesi Guest

    http://www.ass-clown.net/
    --

    http://tr.im/1f7g
    http://tr.im/1f7i

    Preesi, Mar 15, 2009
  18. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:39:22 -0400, Preesi wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:37:32 -0400, Ari® wrote:

    >>> So what we have here is an assclown, correct?

    >> Essentially, yes.

    > http://www.ass-clown.net/

    More like this, the image at least.

    http://www.smooth3d.com/xterra/assclown.jpg
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  19. ~BD~

    \+\ Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:24:24 -0400, Ari® wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I am not 'hiding' my IP when posting to this group.

    > Yes you are.
    >
    >> Presumably if my IP
    >> is not visible it may have something to do with my newsserver - I do not
    >> know why it is not visible to you.

    > You don't how to read a header? Or a TOS? Are you a tosser?

    I thought we determined he was an assclown?
    --
    http://tr.im/2a2r

    \+\, Mar 15, 2009
  20. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:42:18 -0400, "+" wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:24:24 -0400, Ari® wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000, Cautious Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am not 'hiding' my IP when posting to this group.

    >> Yes you are.
    >>
    >>> Presumably if my IP
    >>> is not visible it may have something to do with my newsserver - I do not
    >>> know why it is not visible to you.

    >> You don't how to read a header? Or a TOS? Are you a tosser?

    > I thought we determined he was an assclown?

    Ari-El said AssClown, no not assclown, can we agree agreement?
    --
    Never fun to make of someone who speaks English with brokenness.
    It means another language is freind!

    Mohamed Elshayal, Mar 15, 2009