Errpr 412: Connection terminated

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lalit, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. lalit

    lalit Guest

    Hi there,

    I am using a service provider called Bulldog broadband in the UK to
    connect to my office. Unfortunately, when I try and connect to the
    office VPN using Cisco VPN client v4.6.00.0049 it throws the 412 error
    that Secure Connection terminated locally by the client. The remote
    peer is no longer responding.

    Now if I try and ping the office IP address from the command line, it
    does not recognise that IP address. But I am told that countless of
    colleagues use the same IP address to connect from home.

    I use a 3Com OfficeConnect 11g adsl wireless modem router/firewall, it
    is firewall and NAT enabled.

    The VPN client is configured to use Group Authentication along with
    IPSec/UDP with transperant tunneling.

    Not sure where the problem is.

    Any idea?

    thanks,
    Lalit

    lalit, Nov 8, 2005

  2. lalit

    Sauron Guest

    Have you got something like PGP installed with the VPN option? This sounds
    suspiciously like a similair problem to which i had. I had to uninstall PGP,
    install the client and then install PGP minus the VPN option.

    Sauron, Nov 8, 2005

  3. lalit

    Merv Guest

    Are you using Windows XP firewall ?

    Did you add the Cisco VPN client as an exception ?

    Merv, Nov 9, 2005
  4. lalit

    lalit Guest

    thank you for the replies. I resolved the problems. My router/firewall
    was blocking UDP ports 500 and 62515 required for cisco vpn client. It
    worked.

    lalit, Nov 14, 2005