  1. Hello I wonder if anyone can help getting an error message whilst playing any
    game with punkbuster on it about blocked O/S privilages error 507? Anyone
    shed any light on it and I am signed on as an admin before anyone mentions it.
    =?Utf-8?B?bWF1bDIxOA==?=, May 13, 2005

  2. Americas army forums have a work-around posted, but I have not heard of it
    actually
    working for anyone. I think we will just have to wait on punkbuster to go
    to 64bit.

    don

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=, May 13, 2005

  3. Could you please send a link don to the americas army post on the subject

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF1bDIxOA==?=, May 13, 2005
  4. Known issue with Punkbuster, last I heard they were working to update their
    stuff to work in x64.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 13, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWF1bDIxOA==?=

    Edwin M. Guest

    Joseph Conway [MSFT] wrote:
    > Known issue with Punkbuster, last I heard they were working to update their
    > stuff to work in x64.

    Could someone elaborate on this error? I have been playing BF1942 with
    punkbuster enabled for a while now and I haven't noticed any issues.
    Edwin M., May 13, 2005
  6. Someone should be able to give you the error text. I dont have that repro
    machine setup any longer.

    This was an issue during the beta so unless the original poster is running
    pre-RTM bits (which you shouldnt be), than I figured that this just
    continued into the RTM. I personally was never able to reproduce this
    issue in house so I have been reliant on those that have.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 16, 2005
  7. I dont think there is anything we can do until they update pb to work with
    this o/s, The following was the reply from evenbalance regarding this problem.
    (read from bottom to top)

    05/20/2005 14:33:45 - "Wouter Tromp"
    Note #3: The 64-bit version of Windows is not yet fully supported. Your
    issue is most likely due to this fact. We will make sure that a port of Punk
    Buster is available for the 64-bit version of Windows soon.
    05/20/2005 13:07:26 - "joel"
    Note #2: // this occures right after the initial cvar check after joining
    server.
    05/20/2005 13:04:00 - "joel"
    Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.
    Ticket Information
    Ticket Number: EB8462000025016
    Ticket Status: Closed
    Created: 2005-05-20 13:03:56.934303-05
    Contact Information
    Name/Nickname: joel
    I am writing as a: Player
    E-mail: ** PROTECTED **
    Game Information
    Game: sof2
    Game Mod: osp h
    Game Version: sof 2 gold
    Computer Information
    CPU Type: AMD 64
    CPU Speed: 2.2 mhz
    RAM Memory: 1 gig
    Operating System: Other - Please specify in Description
    Video Card Type: asus 9800 xt
    Video Card Driver Version: ati catalyst 5.5
    Network Information
    Network Speed: Faster than DSL/Cable 1Mbps
    Router: linksys
    Issue: I am running win xp professional x64 edition, i am getting "server
    disconnected: You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes) ...
    RESTRICTION: Blocked O/S Privileges : 507"

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbCBCLg==?=, May 21, 2005
  8. Hmm ... MY AA works VERY GOOD on Windows XP 64 .
    And i got 92 FPS on win 64 , and 60 FPS on Win 32..

    KSA

    =?Utf-8?B?QUEgT24gV2luZG93cw==?=, May 29, 2005