    them, that's it.)

    Anyone ever hear of this?

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:22:42 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Larry R Harrison
    Jr" <> wrote:

    >The error is "The imaging engine could not be initialized. Please check the
    >CMS Profiles in the Preferences Log." etc
    >
    >This just started with me trying to batch process RAW files from the 5400
    >which has had the Firmware Update 1.4 installed on it. I also have a 5700
    >and RAWs from it were no problem.

    It isn't clear if this problem started with the firmware upgrade. In any
    case do you have the latest updates? I believe Capture is up to 4.1.3.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Yes it did have to do with the version of Nikon Capture. I was running 4.0.0
    which I guess wasn't programmed to recognize 5400 RAW files.

    This link provided an updater which took the current installation and
    updated it to 4.1.2 in Windows (it's a LONG link)

    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi...X4mcF9jYXRfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

    Problem solved.

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Oct 17, 2004