Errors in sent file

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Roger Clough, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
    some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
    message than the one I am clicking on.

    1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
    happening in the future?

    2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?

    ..
     
    Roger Clough, Aug 17, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Roger Clough

    gwtc Guest

    Roger Clough wrote:
    > I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
    > some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
    > message than the one I am clicking on.
    >
    > 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
    > happening in the future?
    >
    > 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
    >
    > .

    1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
    window. ;-) :)

    2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
    locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
    files. Does that fix the problem now?

    To locate your TB profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?" The
    father answers: "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out
    anyway! Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo.
    Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a
    cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed
    to a download from my drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we
    discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it
    was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little
    Pop-Up appeared that said . . .

    (scroll down)







    (keep scrolling)








    .. . . you've got male!"
     
    gwtc, Aug 17, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:21:10 -0700, gwtc <> wrote:

    >Roger Clough wrote:
    >> I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
    >> some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
    >> message than the one I am clicking on.
    >>
    >> 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
    >> happening in the future?
    >>
    >> 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
    >>
    >> .

    >1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
    >window. ;-) :)
    >
    >2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
    >locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
    >files. Does that fix the problem now?
    >
    >To locate your TB profile you can read this:
    >http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >
    >but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx


    Doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.

    I went
    mycomputer
    C:
    windows
    application data
    Thunderbird
    profiles
    7bi1b2.default (the only choice on the profiles screen
    mail
    that produced 5 choices - one local folders, one pop, three popd
    I clicked on local folders and got about 20 choices, but none that had a visible msf
    extension

    So I have not found any *.msf files to delete.
     
    Roger Clough, Aug 17, 2006
    #3
  4. Roger Clough

    gwtc Guest

    Roger Clough wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:21:10 -0700, gwtc <> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Clough wrote:
    >>> I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
    >>> some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
    >>> message than the one I am clicking on.
    >>>
    >>> 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
    >>> happening in the future?
    >>>
    >>> 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
    >>>
    >>> .

    >> 1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
    >> window. ;-) :)
    >>
    >> 2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
    >> locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
    >> files. Does that fix the problem now?
    >>
    >> To locate your TB profile you can read this:
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >>
    >> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    >
    > Doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.
    >
    > I went
    > mycomputer
    > C:
    > windows
    > application data
    > Thunderbird
    > profiles
    > 7bi1b2.default (the only choice on the profiles screen
    > mail
    > that produced 5 choices - one local folders, one pop, three popd
    > I clicked on local folders and got about 20 choices, but none that had a visible msf
    > extension
    >
    > So I have not found any *.msf files to delete.

    did you unhide windows files? Did you do a search for *.msf files.
    You have to have them. If you don't, then you've got something very,
    very wrong.

    --
    A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?" The
    father answers: "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out
    anyway! Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo.
    Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a
    cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed
    to a download from my drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we
    discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it
    was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little
    Pop-Up appeared that said . . .

    (scroll down)







    (keep scrolling)








    .. . . you've got male!"
     
    gwtc, Aug 18, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. sligo

    sent file problem

    sligo, Jan 13, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    502
    Sligo
    Jan 14, 2005
  2. Mike Simpson

    Re: Large WinZip file sent

    Mike Simpson, Jul 4, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    519
    Mike Simpson
    Jul 4, 2003
  3. Unk

    Re: Large WinZip file sent

    Unk, Jul 4, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    468
  4. Mike Simpson

    Re: Large WinZip file sent

    Mike Simpson, Jul 4, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    472
    Mike Simpson
    Jul 4, 2003
  5. Jeanne Medley
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,098
    RHODRI REES
    Feb 11, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page