    The problem emerged after i install 64bit windows, but i don't know
    whether it really has something to do with the new os.

    Echevil
    Echevil, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Are you logged on as Administrator?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Your first problem is USING their firewall. Get a dedicated vendors
    firewall. Either Zone Alarm or Norton makes a good setup.

    Draco Paladine, Sep 21, 2005
  4. There is nothing wrong with the Windows Firewall, its good enough for most
    users and if you want to be a little bit more secure, a NAT and router would
    make a good investment.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 21, 2005
  5. Echevil

    Echevil Guest

    Of course. I believe there's nothing with my operation.

    Echevil, Sep 22, 2005
  6. BTW, The Windows Firewall is designed such that it is simple enough to be on
    by default and not generate a lot of issues for users. It is simple to
    configure, and provides a base level of security with respect to worms and
    malformed packet transmission. It provides protection for machines exposed
    directly to the Internet, but also provides inter-network protection for
    individual machines even behind a Firewall.

    There are certainly stronger firewalls available, but they are not trivial
    to use.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Windows Gaming & Graphics