    crash. Yet Spy Sweeper seems to be running ok, I have checked that it
    sweeps, etc. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

    Anyone else seeing this?
    Don Awalt, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Have you contacted the makers of Spy Sweeper about the issue? Sounds like
    some obvious compatibility issue.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Don Awalt

    GPPower Guest

    The latest version is 4.5.9.709. You may give it a try..

    GPPower, Jan 30, 2006
  4. I cannot comment on any very recent upgrade to SpySweeper as solving the
    problem, but I can assure you that all the more recent versions of 4.5 do
    not work in x64, but that 4.0 does. Have been running 4.0 for many months
    now without problems. When I contacted the company last years about 4.5,
    they as much as said that they could care less. There are websites that sell
    4.0, so would recommend you try that unless, in fact, there is a recent
    version that makes SW compatible.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFja00=?=, Jan 31, 2006
  5. I too recently contacted Webroot and got the same reaction - there is a
    compatibility issue with XP Pro 64-bit and they couldn't care less about
    a 64-bit version of SpySweeper.

    Don't you love these "forward thinking" companies - probably still think
    640 Kb of memory is enough for everyone ;-)

    Dennis Mueller, Jan 31, 2006