    Can anybody help me out?

    Regards
    Saket

    Saket Badola, Apr 4, 2004

  2. "Saket Badola" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > I am trying to download IOS from 2620 and 2610 router to my tftp and
    > ftp server.
    > With both tftp and ftp iam gettinf the folowing error:
    > "Error writing ftp://ipaddress.../IOS.bin (Write error)
    >
    > I tried to download image from other router like 7120 &4700 to the
    > same tftp and ftp server. I was able to downoad the IOS without any
    > error.
    >
    > Can anybody help me out?

    For ftp, make sure that "ip ftp username" and "ip ftp password" are in the
    config.

    For TFTP, make sure the file already exists and has write permission.

    The nature of the path vary by TFTP server, but it is generally relative to
    the set TFTP root directory. (What TFTP server)

    Make sure the TFTP server has write permissions (SolarWinds has a checkbox
    for that) and that the file has world-write permissions (Unix).

    Also, the whole dialog of the failure may be hellpful. Make sure you are
    copying from the right source location. Also be sure that TFTP or FTP
    serevr don't have IP address restrictions.

    Phillip Remaker, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Saket Badola

    Saket Badola Guest

    I have tried "ip ftp username" and "ip ftp password".
    But result is the same.

    Saket Badola, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Saket Badola

    Saket Badola, Apr 5, 2004