Error when installing Active Directory (Windows Server 2003)

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. I'm setting up a CHILD DOMAIN (to join HQ Domain) and when I perform DCPROMO,
    at the end of the process I receive the following error.

    Active Directory could not create the object CN=PKLANG, CN=Partitions,
    CN=Configuration, DC=my, DC=global, DC=com. Check the event log for possible
    system errors.

    "The FSMO role ownership could not be verified because its directory
    partition has not replicated successfully with at least one replication
    partner."

    Considering this is not the first time I am doing this (already done several
    times before on other sites and never encountered such issue) I need to know
    what is the cause of this and how come in all of a sudden such error can
    occur. Could it be any data corruption at the HQ Domain/Active Directory? I
    hope not.

    Any help or kind of assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

    --
    n1c

    =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=, Jan 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Lasher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=" <http://nicrebirth.tk> wrote in

    > I'm setting up a CHILD DOMAIN (to join HQ Domain) and when I perform
    > DCPROMO, at the end of the process I receive the following error.
    >
    > Active Directory could not create the object CN=PKLANG, CN=Partitions,
    > CN=Configuration, DC=my, DC=global, DC=com. Check the event log for
    > possible system errors.
    >
    > "The FSMO role ownership could not be verified because its directory
    > partition has not replicated successfully with at least one
    > replication partner."
    >
    > Considering this is not the first time I am doing this (already done
    > several times before on other sites and never encountered such issue)
    > I need to know what is the cause of this and how come in all of a
    > sudden such error can occur. Could it be any data corruption at the HQ
    > Domain/Active Directory? I hope not.
    >
    > Any help or kind of assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

    From KB:

    This error can also be caused by an invalid DNS record in DNS for a
    server that is no longer a DNS server. When you try to change a schema
    property, you may receive the following error message:

    "The FSMO role ownership could not be verified because its directory
    partition has not replicated successfully with at least one replication
    partner."

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    There's no place like MCNGP!

    Lasher, Jan 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >From KB:

    Ken really said that? ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:

    >> From KB:

    > Ken really said that? ;-)
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    I have my own website. Chock full of information regarding every product MS
    has ever made.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....

    Briscobar, Jan 10, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have my own website. Chock full of information regarding every product MS
    >has ever made.

    Cool! can't understand why microsoft have not done the same!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:

    >> I have my own website. Chock full of information regarding every
    >> product MS has ever made.

    > Cool! can't understand why microsoft have not done the same!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    They're lazy pricks.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mgnpc.mco makes fun fo dylsexics.

    Briscobar, Jan 10, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bjFjaG9sYXM=?=

    Lasher Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in news:uBMewggFGHA.3324
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:
    >>
    >>> I have my own website. Chock full of information regarding every
    >>> product MS has ever made.

    >> Cool! can't understand why microsoft have not done the same!
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    > They're lazy pricks.
    >
    > --
    > KB
    >
    > MCNGP #26
    > www.mgnpc.mco makes fun fo dylsexics.

    Lets drink to Microsoft being lazy, capitalistic, pricks-on-a-barbie!

    Here-Here!

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010