error : "The Cluster IP is already in use"

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by tanzer, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. tanzer

    tanzer Guest

    Hello to everyone,

    I have 2 cluster nodes with W2K Advanced Server.
    I want to add an IIS server resource,so when im trying first
    to add an IP resource (the IP of a specific web site , ex.172.16.0.15)
    i took the below msg :

    "The Cluster IP is already in use"
    Error ID : 5057.

    I found that link : http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282006
    but it doesnt helps.

    Why this happens?? I have configure the web site in IIS with this IP, and i
    have alrady configure DNS with a A record .
    Everything works fine,but why i cant add the IP of the website as a IP
    resource ?? and after to setup an IIS resouce in cluster node??

    Any help would be appreciable.

    thnx
    tanzer, Dec 11, 2004