Error squeezing flash: Help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by atcat, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. atcat

    atcat Guest

    Hi,

    I just upgraded flash: memory from 12 to 24 Mb in my Cisco 837 router.
    All went well, exept the following:

    When I try to squeeze flash memory I get the error massage:

    "%Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)"

    And nothing is squeezed (reloading/restarting the router doesn't help).

    I can't find any pointers to this problem (only 1 in Russsian...)

    Here is a short listing:

    !-------------
    Cisco837#show flash:

    System flash directory:
    File Length Name/status
    1 6819336 c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-2.XC2.bin [deleted]
    2 8187316 c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-8.T3.bin
    3 3883008 sdm.tar
    (...)
    [20445228 bytes used, 4720592 available, 25165820 total]
    24576K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Cisco837#squeeze flash:
    Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]
    First create squeeze log by erasing the entire device

    %Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)
    Cisco837#
    !-------------

    Anyone a suggestion?

    Thanks in advance,
    atcat

    atcat, Sep 19, 2004

  2. atcat

    mh Guest

    There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
    filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before copying
    files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route rmodel.

    The CCO article imples that one needs to:
    1. format flash
    2. squeeze
    3. copy files
    4. delete a file
    5. squeeze

    mh, Sep 19, 2004

  3. atcat

    atcat Guest

    (mh) wrote in

    > There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
    > filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before copying
    > files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route rmodel.
    >
    > The CCO article imples that one needs to:
    > 1. format flash
    > 2. squeeze
    > 3. copy files
    > 4. delete a file
    > 5. squeeze

    Thanks,

    but the 837 version of the IOS software does not seem to support a
    format command.

    Anyone?

    Atcat

    atcat, Sep 19, 2004
  4. atcat

    atcat Guest

    atcat <nomail> wrote in news:Xns9569D3F97291atcatnomail@194.109.133.29:

    > (mh) wrote in
    >
    >> There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
    >> filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before
    >> copying files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route
    >> rmodel.
    >>
    >> The CCO article imples that one needs to:
    >> 1. format flash
    >> 2. squeeze
    >> 3. copy files
    >> 4. delete a file
    >> 5. squeeze
    >>

    > Thanks,
    >
    > but the 837 version of the IOS software does not seem to support a
    > format command.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Atcat

    Being set on the right track by merv, I found out how to do the trick:

    First I had to "erase" the flash memory, now everything is o.k.

    Thanks for the pointer.

    atcat

    atcat, Sep 19, 2004
  5. atcat

    satven

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    3600 Router Flash problem

    Hi All.,

    My router flash is not sufficient to log, It is restarting abruptly however
    i found my router had bug , it throws a bug error. now i have to format the router in order to sqeeze the flash and free up the space. Pls give me some steps how to proceed this router is in production i wont get more than 15 min downtime.
    Core_RTR1#squeeze flash:
    Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]
    First create squeeze log by erasing the entire device
    %Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)

    Core_RTR1sh flash:
    System flash directory:
    File Length Name/status
    1 22900708 c3640-is-mz.123-11.T9.bin
    50 31444 crashinfo_20071227-150011 [deleted]
    [33554216 bytes used, 212 available, 33554428 total]
    32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Advance Thanks for your help

    Ven

    satven, Sep 23, 2008