    if this is true, is there a way of taking the limit off the folders?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all.

    Joseph

    joseph minelli, Jun 18, 2004

  2. joseph minelli

    docmill Guest

    joseph minelli <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello there,
    >
    > I got an error putting some files into a folder,
    > the error was something like....
    > (cannot move ********** the directory or file cannot be created.)
    > but when I took other stuff out of the folder, then tried to move the
    > files again to the same folder, I didn't get the error
    > so I am assuming there is some kind of a limit
    > on how much can go into one folder,
    > if this is true, is there a way of taking the limit off the folders?
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all.
    >
    > Joseph

    You can't move files if they are in use.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Jun 18, 2004

  3. On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:17:42 -0000, docmill
    <> wrote:

    >joseph minelli <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hello there,
    >>
    >> I got an error putting some files into a folder,
    >> the error was something like....
    >> (cannot move ********** the directory or file cannot be created.)
    >> but when I took other stuff out of the folder, then tried to move the
    >> files again to the same folder, I didn't get the error
    >> so I am assuming there is some kind of a limit
    >> on how much can go into one folder,
    >> if this is true, is there a way of taking the limit off the folders?
    >>
    >> Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all.
    >>
    >> Joseph

    >You can't move files if they are in use.

    ++
    No, they were not in use, for sure,
    I think it has to do with to many files in one folder,
    there was about 74.7GB in the folder
    before I started getting the error.

    Joseph

    joseph minelli, Jun 18, 2004
  4. On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:01:33 GMT, joseph minelli

    joseph minelli, Jun 20, 2004