    message to the corner, the computer still works, although slower.

    What is this, and what can be done?

    Thanks!
    RS, Jul 6, 2004

  2. RS

    HF Guest

    Use Control+Alt +Delete to end task instead. and maybe clear your Temp
    folder more often
    "RS" <> wrote in message
    > Out of the blue I have started getting the following error message:
    >
    > Explorer has caused an error in ~7172797971.TMP.
    >
    > If I click the close button the computer locks up. If I move the error
    > message to the corner, the computer still works, although slower.
    >
    > What is this, and what can be done?
    >
    > Thanks!

    ---
    HF, Jul 6, 2004

  3. RS

    Plato Guest

    RS wrote:

    > Out of the blue I have started getting the following error message:
    >
    > Explorer has caused an error in ~7172797971.TMP.

    Perhaps you're overdue in your weekly temp folder and internet cache
    folder cleaning?

    Did you fire your maid?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 6, 2004
  4. RS

    Super PMD Guest

    RS wrote:
    > Out of the blue I have started getting the following error message:
    >
    > Explorer has caused an error in ~7172797971.TMP.
    >
    > If I click the close button the computer locks up. If I move the error
    > message to the corner, the computer still works, although slower.
    >
    > What is this, and what can be done?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Delete all *.TMP from your root and windows/subfolders folders.

    --

    PMD
    Super PMD, Jul 7, 2004