Error playing movie: "The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by maggie_g47@hotmail.com, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I get the following error when trying to play a DVD movie with
    PowerDVD:
    Error Code F4D41436
    The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly.
    (Detailed) This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out
    function is enabled.
    (Error messages from other software below)

    I had no problem playing DVDs just a few days ago.

    I searched Google and found page after page of people asking how to fix
    this, with no really good answers. Some people suggested going to a
    specific site if they had an ATI or other specific brand of video card
    to get an OLDER copy of the driver. On my computer the video card is
    part of the mother board. Windows says the video adaper is: SIS
    630/730, and the driver is SIS630M.DRV (SIS630M.VXD, VMM32.VXD listed
    below that). Another person said to install DVDIdle. I did that, and
    still got exactly the same error message.

    This is the history. DVDs used to play okay. All of them (dozens).
    Yesterday the computer didn't acknowledge I had put a DVD in the drive.
    Different software would not read the disk. I could not list any files
    on the DVD by right clicking the drive icon and selecting "Explore." I
    called the manufacturer, told them this, and told them CDs worked okay.
    He said the DVD laser was out, and to send it in for a replacement. (He
    didn't ask me to do a single diagnostic check.) I didn't want to be
    without a drive for 3 weeks, so I put a lens cleaner disk in the drive,
    and now the computer recognizes the disks, and I can list the files,
    but I can't play movies.

    Here are the errors from other packages:

    RealPlayer said it can't play the DVD and suggested changing the screen
    resolution, shutting down other programs, and reinstalling the video
    drivers.

    interActual 2.0 Player gave the following error:
    Error PL4007: InterActual Player is unable to initialize your DVD
    decoder for playback. Click "Help Online" (bottom button on the
    left) for information that will help you properly configure your system
    for DVD playback.

    Any help greaty appreciated.
    , Sep 6, 2005

  2. Guest

    I installed the VLC Media Player, and now I can play DVDs. Apparenlty
    this player is not voluntarily complying with that Macromedia Flash
    copy protection that is causing problems for so many people.
    , Sep 7, 2005

  3. Jordan Guest

    You could always just hold down the left shift key when you put a DVD
    in the drive to disable the copy protection. I think that gag still
    works.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Sep 8, 2005