    jonce77
    jonce777's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1638
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=181911015

    jonce777, Jan 14, 2006

  2. jonce777

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:58:24 -0600, jonce777 <>
    wrote:

    >I setup OE6.0, it won't work and I am getting this error message -
    >
    >The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
    >the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol:
    >POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
    >0x800CCC0D
    >
    >I put POP3 as incoming mail server & SMTP as outgoing...What am I doing
    >wrong???
    >
    >Thx

    See the section on email...
    http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/site/msa/index.jsp?case=c14488

    Unk, Jan 14, 2006

  3. jonce777

    me Guest

    "jonce777" <> wrote in message

    > I setup OE6.0, it won't work and I am getting this error message -
    >
    > The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
    > the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol:
    > POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
    > 0x800CCC0D
    >
    > I put POP3 as incoming mail server & SMTP as outgoing...What am I doing
    > wrong???
    >
    > Thx

    Did you just put POP3 and SMTP ?(as opposed to POP3.domain.com or
    SMTP.domain.com ,where domain is the server name) You have to tell it the
    server name otherwise it won't retrieve any mail.
    Why not just call the ISP and ask them to walk you through the setup if you
    cant solve it?

    me, Jan 14, 2006