Error Opening JPG File

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by James Lynx, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. James Lynx

    James Lynx Guest

    Hello. When I try to open a JPG file I get an error message stating
    that there is no program associated with the file extention and I need
    to create a file extention. Well I checked and the file with the jpg
    extention already had the Photo Editor already associated with it. I
    removed the association and then added it again. Still same problem.
    If I associate Internet Explorer or Paint Shop or any other program
    it opens fine but with Photo Editor it won't open. But if I open
    Photo Editor and go to File Open and open the file that way it opens
    in Photo Shop but if I double click on the file in Windows Explorer it
    gives me that error about not being able to open it for lack of
    program association even tho there is. I searched the net for
    answers but can't find any.

    A solution to this problem will be appreciated.

    Thank You,

    James

    James Lynx, Oct 6, 2003