    installer, but it just doesnt seem to work. We have even tried to
    uninstall reinstall, restart (haha). How can i install firefox back on
    my computer..?
    ambrish patel, Feb 25, 2007

  2. ambrish patel

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 25 Feb 2007 15:47:45 -0800, "ambrish patel" <>
    wrote:

    >I get this error message when i try to install firefox 2.0.0.2 when
    >the installing says it is doing "A Little Housekeeping" :
    >
    >--
    >Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick
    >Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

    What operating system?

    Are you logged in with administrator rights?
    Evan Platt, Feb 26, 2007

  3. ambrish patel wrote:

    > I get this error message when i try to install firefox 2.0.0.2 when
    > the installing says it is doing "A Little Housekeeping" :
    >
    > --
    > Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick
    > Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.
    > --
    >
    > What am i supposed to do? My friends and i have tried the new update
    > installer, but it just doesnt seem to work. We have even tried to
    > uninstall reinstall, restart (haha). How can i install firefox back on
    > my computer..?

    Where the heck did you get that firefox update installer from??? Hopefully
    from a direct visit at www.mozilla.com ....
    Walter Mautner, Feb 26, 2007
  4. Re: Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

    yes i am logged in as admin, and yes i downloaded it from the mozilla
    site.
    ambrish patel, Feb 27, 2007
  5. Re: Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nfirefox.exe\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again or \r\nCancel to stop the installation.

    ambrish patel wrote:

    > yes i am logged in as admin, and yes i downloaded it from the mozilla
    > site.

    When you post to a usenet newsgroup,, please do a bit like me and keep the
    lines you refer to, while writing your text underneath.
    Your installer complains about not being able to write to firefox.exe.
    That may happen if you
    - were admin now, but not the first time you installed it, and the first
    install is in your "Documents and settings" path with private ownership.
    However, I think the install paths would just be different then and that
    was just a speculation.
    - Did you use the built-in update function or do a full install?
    - Another issue may be, you had another instance of firefox running that
    your updater didn't recognize and ask to close.
    "A little housekeeping" .. never saw that upon a firefox install, therefore
    my suspicion.
    Walter Mautner, Feb 27, 2007