    error message still comes up, the program is working fine. I'm using XP.
    Thanks,
    Sue N.
    Sue Norman, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Sue Norman wrote:

    > How do I get rid of an error message when my computer starts up? It
    > says it is missing a dll file and to reload the software, which I
    > have. The error message still comes up, the program is working fine.
    > I'm using XP. Thanks, Sue N.

    Does the file have a name? Is it a national secret? Will you go to
    prison if you divulge it?

    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Sue Norman wrote:
    >

    >>How do I get rid of an error message when my computer starts up? It
    >>says it is missing a dll file and to reload the software, which I
    >>have. The error message still comes up, the program is working fine.
    >>I'm using XP. Thanks, Sue N.
    >>

    >Does the file have a name? Is it a national secret? Will you go to
    >prison if you divulge it?
    >
    >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
    but was too lazy to restart the computer:
    "BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
    to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
    Restalling this application may fix this problem"
    I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
    cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
    still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
    the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
    and want it to go away.
    Thank you.
    Sue
    Sue Norman, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Sue Norman

    Ron Martell Guest

    Sue Norman <> wrote:

    >LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
    >but was too lazy to restart the computer:
    >"BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
    >to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
    >Restalling this application may fix this problem"
    >I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
    >cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
    >still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
    >the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
    >and want it to go away.
    >Thank you.
    >Sue

    Your suspicions are correct. BTTray.exe is part of the Bluetooth
    software. If reinstalling the software does not resolve the problem
    then you need to contact the technical support people for whoever
    produced your Bluetooth hardware and get them to help you to resolve
    this.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    Ron Martell, Aug 4, 2005
  6. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Sue Norman wrote:
    >

    >><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    >><head>
    >> <title></title>
    >>

    ><snip>
    >
    >Help here: http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

    Okay, hopefully I will not be making any blunders with this post:
    Message says: "BTTray exe-unable to locate component. This application
    has failed to start
    because btwhidcs.DLL was not found. Reinstalling this application may
    fix this problem"
    I believe this is from my blue tooth USB port icon not loading in the
    tray by the clock.
    I have reloaded the software and the message is still there. I don't
    care if the icon doesn't show,
    however the message is getting old.
    Thanks-Sue
    Sue Norman, Aug 4, 2005
  7. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    Ron Martell wrote:

    >Sue Norman <> wrote:
    >

    >>LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
    >>but was too lazy to restart the computer:
    >>"BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
    >>to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
    >>Restalling this application may fix this problem"
    >>I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
    >>cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
    >>still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
    >>the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
    >>and want it to go away.
    >>Thank you.
    >>Sue
    >>

    >Your suspicions are correct. BTTray.exe is part of the Bluetooth
    >software. If reinstalling the software does not resolve the problem
    >then you need to contact the technical support people for whoever
    >produced your Bluetooth hardware and get them to help you to resolve
    >this.
    >
    >Good luck
    >
    >Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Thanks Ron...Guess I'll have to do that then. Sue
    Sue Norman, Aug 5, 2005