    \ieEventman\kdbmapdb.dll. The specified module cannot be found."

    Can someone please tell me what this error is and most importantly,
    how do I fix it? I very much appreciate your help.

    SanCarlosCyclist, Jul 17, 2011

  2. I have no idea what the particular DLL is, and google is no help. However,
    that being said, it's fairly straightforward to determine what is causing it
    to to try to load, and work back from that to either re-install the
    software, or remove it more completely.

    From an elevated command prompt, run msconfig.exe. On the Startup tab, look
    for anything that might be related, and disable it. Try rebooting and see if
    the error goes away. If nothing obvious is listed, disable all and reboot.
    Then re-enable one at a time, rebooting inbetween, to see what is causing
    the issue.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Jul 17, 2011

  3. SanCarlosCyclist

    Carlos Guest

    I searched the ieEventman folder in my PC (C:\Users\Carlos\AppData
    \Local\) and could find no evidence of it.
    Most likely it is a non-core OS application that is causing the
    problem.
    If msconfig doesn't show anything, then MSFT Autoruns (http://
    technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902) might come in
    handy.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 21, 2011
  4. SanCarlosCyclist

    Rob Guest

    On 17/07/2011 04:56, SanCarlosCyclist wrote:
    > I posted the below inquiry on Microsoft Answers, and I did not get an
    > answer that solves my problem. Do any of you know how I can get rid of
    > this problem?

    > Hi, when I boot up, I get the following error:
    >
    > "There was a problem starting c:\users\sancarloscyclist\AppData\Local
    > \ieEventman\kdbmapdb.dll. The specified module cannot be found."
    >
    > Can someone please tell me what this error is and most importantly,
    > how do I fix it? I very much appreciate your help.

    Looks like it is something to do with keyboard mapping.
    That could be suspicious as it could be part of a malware
    keylogger. Perhaps your anti-virus or anti-malware has
    detected and removed an infection and this is a left-over?
    Try searching the Registry for 'kbdmapdb.dll' and see what
    it finds. You can probably delete any registry keys you
    find containing that, but post them here for advice first.
    I wouldn't normally recommend a registry cleaner, but
    running something like ccleaner will likely fix this, if
    it is a left-over registry key from some application which
    has been removed.

    --
    Rob

    Rob, Jul 28, 2011