Error: NV storage failure

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bob Simon, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Bob Simon

    Bob Simon Guest

    I tried to add a new VLAN to my WS-C2924M-XL running 12.0(5.4)WC(1)
    code and got the error message below. Does this mean I have a
    hardware error, or is this something I can fix myself?

    2924-1#vlan database
    2924-1(vlan)#vlan 3
    VLAN 3 added:
    Name: VLAN0003
    2924-1(vlan)#exit
    Error on database apply 38: NV storage failure
    Exiting....
    2924-1#show log
    <snip>
    Feb 1 10:55:03: %SW_VLAN-4-IFS_FAILURE: VLAN manager encountered file
    operation error: call = ifs_open/write / failure
    code (errno) = 21 / bytes transfered = 0

    --
    Bob Simon
    remove x from domain for private replies

    Bob Simon, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Bob Simon

    theapplebee

    Joined: