    Microsoft that deals with the millions of submissions? (I imagine hundreds
    of pixies rather like Santa's elves). Has anyone ever had any feedback?

    R.
    Ragnar, May 13, 2009

  2. I never send.

    Jeff Strickland, May 13, 2009

  3. "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    > When a program crashes you often get an error message that invites you to
    > submit details to Microsoft. I always click on 'Don't Send'.
    >
    > Does it make any difference? Do you always Send? Is there a department at
    > Microsoft that deals with the millions of submissions? (I imagine hundreds
    > of pixies rather like Santa's elves). Has anyone ever had any feedback?
    >
    > R.

    On rare occasion, for unusual problems, I'll click Send. It brings up a
    page that says what is supposedly the problem, if known - usually saying
    it's not Microsoft's fault, it's something wrong with other software. Go
    figure. Occasionally, the information is useful, most the time it's just
    Blah blah blah. Don't bother for routine errors.

    Woof
    James D. Andrews, May 13, 2009
  4. Ragnar

    gnu / linux Guest

    On May 13, 3:00 pm, "James D. Andrews" <> wrote:
    > "Ragnar" <> wrote in message

    > > When a program crashes you often get an error message that invites you to
    > > submit details to Microsoft. I always click on 'Don't Send'.

    > > Does it make any difference? Do you always Send? Is there a department at
    > > Microsoft that deals with the millions of submissions? (I imagine hundreds
    > > of pixies rather like Santa's elves). Has anyone ever had any feedback?

    > > R.

    > On rare occasion, for unusual problems, I'll click Send. It brings up a
    > page that says what is supposedly the problem, if known - usually saying
    > it's not Microsoft's fault, it's something wrong with other software. Go
    > figure. Occasionally, the information is useful, most the time it's just
    > Blah blah blah. Don't bother for routine errors.
    >
    > Woof

    help Microsoft out, send !
    gnu / linux, May 15, 2009
  5. Ragnar

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    > When a program crashes you often get an error message that invites you to
    > submit details to Microsoft. I always click on 'Don't Send'.
    >
    > Does it make any difference? Do you always Send? Is there a department at
    > Microsoft that deals with the millions of submissions? (I imagine hundreds
    > of pixies rather like Santa's elves). Has anyone ever had any feedback?
    >
    > R.

    I read long ago ...
    The info you send gets saved only to see if
    ' a lot of " this issue" is being reported '. Once an issue is flagged they
    then have a lot of samples to pick through to see if anything in common. I
    was also told that nothing they save is traced back to "you". However I
    ALWAYS assume that msft is snooping, so my system is registered to
    WmGates,
    Organization is Microsoft .
    If they want a name - they got one.
    - Bobb -, May 19, 2009