    Or is it time to get the computer man?

    I've tried restarting the computer.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013

  2. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:l6drle$fv3$...
    >I can't get replies to nz.general to post. The error message is below.
    >
    > Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Fireworks.',
    > Account: 'news.eternal-september.org', Server:
    > 'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 220',
    > Port: 563, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
    >
    > What should I do please?
    > Or is it time to get the computer man?
    >
    > I've tried restarting the computer.
    >
    > Geopelia

    All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    So I didn't need to do anything.
    Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was switched
    off.
    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013

  3. geopelia

    David Empson Guest

    geopelia <> wrote:

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > >I can't get replies to nz.general to post. The error message is below.
    > >
    > > Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Fireworks.',
    > > Account: 'news.eternal-september.org', Server:
    > > 'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 220',
    > > Port: 563, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
    > >
    > > What should I do please?
    > > Or is it time to get the computer man?
    > >
    > > I've tried restarting the computer.

    > All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    > So I didn't need to do anything.
    > Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was switched
    > off.

    Hi Geo

    It wasn't a problem with your computer: it was a temporary problem with
    the Eternal-September news server that you (and I) are using.

    For some time starting on Monday evening (NZ time), anyone trying to
    post a message using Eternal-September got the same '441 220' error that
    you noted. The administrator at Eternal-September fixed it before 6 AM
    Tuesday (NZ time).

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Nov 18, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "David Empson" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia <> wrote:
    >
    >> "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> >I can't get replies to nz.general to post. The error message is below.
    >> >
    >> > Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Fireworks.',
    >> > Account: 'news.eternal-september.org', Server:
    >> > 'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
    >> > 220',
    >> > Port: 563, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 441, Error Number:
    >> > 0x800CCCA9
    >> >
    >> > What should I do please?
    >> > Or is it time to get the computer man?
    >> >
    >> > I've tried restarting the computer.

    >> All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    >> So I didn't need to do anything.
    >> Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was
    >> switched
    >> off.

    > Hi Geo
    >
    > It wasn't a problem with your computer: it was a temporary problem with
    > the Eternal-September news server that you (and I) are using.
    >
    > For some time starting on Monday evening (NZ time), anyone trying to
    > post a message using Eternal-September got the same '441 220' error that
    > you noted. The administrator at Eternal-September fixed it before 6 AM
    > Tuesday (NZ time).

    Thank you. It's good to know it wasn't this computer, or something stupid I
    might have done :)
    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" <> wrote:
    >>"geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>I can't get replies to nz.general to post. The error message is below.
    >>>
    >>> Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: Fireworks.',
    >>> Account: 'news.eternal-september.org', Server:
    >>> 'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
    >>> 220',
    >>> Port: 563, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
    >>>
    >>> What should I do please?
    >>> Or is it time to get the computer man?
    >>>
    >>> I've tried restarting the computer.
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia
    >>>

    >>All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    >>So I didn't need to do anything.
    >>Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was switched
    >>off.

    > There was a partial problem with the network this morning, fixed now Geo.
    > It may have been there last night but I don't know for sure. Not your
    > computer
    > to blame.
    >
    > Tony

    Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and see
    what happens.
    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013
  6. In article <l6e9cl$8k0$>, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and see
    >what happens.

    Suggest checking the group eternal-september.support. There's often
    something there quite quickly if the problem is major ... even if it's only
    someone complaining, it indicates a problem larger than 1 person/computer.
    :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 19, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    in message news:l6ekcg$pg8$...
    > In article <l6e9cl$8k0$>, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    > (snip)
    >
    >>Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and
    >>see
    >>what happens.

    > Suggest checking the group eternal-september.support. There's often
    > something there quite quickly if the problem is major ... even if it's
    > only
    > someone complaining, it indicates a problem larger than 1 person/computer.
    > :)

    That's a good idea, thank you.
    geopelia, Nov 19, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    > in message news:l6ekcg$pg8$...
    >> In article <l6e9cl$8k0$>, "geopelia"
    >> <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >>>Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and
    >>>see
    >>>what happens.

    >> Suggest checking the group eternal-september.support. There's often
    >> something there quite quickly if the problem is major ... even if it's
    >> only
    >> someone complaining, it indicates a problem larger than 1
    >> person/computer.
    >> :)
    >>

    > That's a good idea, thank you.

    I've just tried eternal-september support and a message about it is there.
    geopelia, Nov 19, 2013
  9. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs David Empson wrote:
    > geopelia <> wrote:
    >
    >> "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>> I can't get replies to nz.general to post. The error message is
    >>> below.
    >>>
    >>> Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re:
    >>> Fireworks.', Account: 'news.eternal-september.org', Server:
    >>> 'news.eternal-september.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
    >>> 220', Port: 563, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 441, Error Number:
    >>> 0x800CCCA9
    >>>
    >>> What should I do please?
    >>> Or is it time to get the computer man?
    >>>
    >>> I've tried restarting the computer.

    >> All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    >> So I didn't need to do anything.
    >> Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was
    >> switched off.

    > Hi Geo
    >
    > It wasn't a problem with your computer: it was a temporary problem
    > with the Eternal-September news server that you (and I) are using.
    >
    > For some time starting on Monday evening (NZ time), anyone trying to
    > post a message using Eternal-September got the same '441 220' error
    > that you noted. The administrator at Eternal-September fixed it
    > before 6 AM Tuesday (NZ time).

    Yep, confirmed. I got it too and just waited it out. It's an excellent free
    service that rarely has problems - and when they do they tend to fix them
    quite quickly. ;-)
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface]
    ~misfit~, Nov 19, 2013