    Any idea on what this is? And how I can sort it out to stop my hardware from
    causing this error?

    Thanks in Advance!
    Chad S, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Chad S

    ded Guest

    "Chad S" <> wrote in message
    news:L0Lhi.10174$...
    >I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
    >broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which
    >seems to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to
    >do a Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and
    >ended up with a technical information message.
    >
    > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001D,
    > 0x00000000, 0x8107FFD9)
    >
    > Any idea on what this is? And how I can sort it out to stop my hardware
    > from causing this error?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!

    A driver issue, you probably have incorrect/corrupt driver installed.
    Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818501/en-us
    ded, Jul 1, 2007

  3. Chad S

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 10:06:35 GMT, Chad S wrote:

    >I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
    >broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which seems
    >to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to do a
    >Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and ended up
    >with a technical information message.

    Look at the many previous posts in 24SHSHD
    33 results for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

    you get stuff like
    ===========================
    >> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    >> STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000000B0,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804EE061)

    See past posts in 24HSHD

    You can search www.google.com , http://support.microsoft.com for those
    messages.

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    and, try taking the : out.

    STOP 0x0000000A

    http://www.google.com/search?q=stop 0a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?q=STOP 0x0000000A IRQL NOT L...

    Somewhere on the same error screen you may see a driver name below the
    STOP line. If you add that to the search as, well it may narrow down the
    matches.
    ===========================

    ===========================
    From a Ron Martell post
    See the rest of the thread using
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    and search for the message-id.

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: Similar XP problems
    Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:35:23 GMT

    Identifying the cause of STOP errors using PSTAT & Excel

    Many times when a STOP error occurs the information provided does not
    specifically identify the application, device driver, or other
    component file where the error occurred. However the 4 parameters
    associated with the STOP (bugcheck) code will very often include one
    that is the address where the error occurred. You first need to look
    up the detailed information about the specific STOP code in order to
    determine if the address is included and if so which of the 4
    parameters has the address.

    You can identify the meaning of each of the parameters for your
    specific STOP code at:

    The second step in the procedure is to identify the addresses that
    each active process is being loaded at. The PSTAT utility will
    provide this information. On some systems the PSTAT utility may
    already be present. Check this by opening a Command Prompt window
    (Start - Run - CMD) and entering the following command:

    PSTAT /?

    If PSTAT is not on your computer you can download it free from
    Microsoft. The download is called "Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support
    Tools" and it is available from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=49AE8576-9BB...
    With PSTAT installed on your computer the next step is to open a
    Command Prompt window again (Start - Run - CMD) and generate a report
    with PSTAT. Because you need to copy part of the information from
    this report (and only part) it is best to create the report as a text
    file. In the Command Prompt window enter the following command:

    ===========================

    and www.google.com

    Maybe further details in the event log, again see recent posts.

    why?, Jul 1, 2007
  4. Chad S

    Guest

    "Chad S" <> wrote:

    >I recently bought a new Dell computer and as I'm still on dial up before my
    >broadband is installed I wanted to find out how to fix the error which seems
    >to restart my computer but before I can note anything down it has to do a
    >Startup Repair but today I didn't press enter for this option and ended up
    >with a technical information message.

    XP? hit F8 on boot up, select not to reboot on error.

    Then turn it off
    http://home.earthlink.net/~lreynol929/ruXP/ContPanl/rebootof.htm

    >IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    Is a driver issue, most likely due to the last thing you installed -
    uninstall it.

    Read your event viewer for hints.

    --

    What happened before the Big Bang?