    accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,

    Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
    questions

    ButchKersh, Sep 21, 2006

  2. ButchKersh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:51:26 GMT, "ButchKersh"
    <> wrote:

    >What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with an
    >error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
    >Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
    >(64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
    >Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
    >open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
    >accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
    >questions

    It means OE cannot connect to server mail.msn.com .

    Look in your Accounts (Tools, Accounts), find the server that has
    mail.msn.com listed as a pop server, and remove that account if you
    aren't using it.

    Evan Platt, Sep 21, 2006

  3. ButchKersh

    Mike Easter Guest

    ButchKersh wrote:
    > What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded
    > with an error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com',

    That part means that you are configured in OE to 'include that account
    when you are receiving mail or synchronizing'. If you look at OE/
    Accounts/ mail tab - select mail.msn.com - click Properties - general
    tab - you will see the item checked for including that account when
    receiving mail or synchronizing. If you wish [and you should], you can
    uncheck it.

    > Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server
    > 64.4.32.7 (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110,
    > Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"

    That part means that when you try to connect to the port 110 at the
    mail.msn.com server to pop anything from there that you don't get a
    compliant pop server. The same way /I/ don't get a compliant popserver
    when I try to do that:

    // Initiating server query ...
    Looking up IP address for domain: mail.msn.com
    The IP address for the domain is: 64.4.33.7
    Connecting to the server on remote port: 110
    No response was received from the machine and port at that IP. The
    machine may be offline or the connection port may be stealthed.
    Query complete. // End IDServe.exe

    > I have gotten every time I open OE. I always ignore it since I have
    > about four different e-mail accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and
    > I have no ther problems,

    You are trying to pop from something that doesn't accept transactions on
    its port 110. I recommend that you go to the account described above
    and uncheck the condition to include that account when receiving mail.
    Alternatively you could remove the account with the remove button.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 22, 2006
  4. ButchKersh

    Wayne Nix Guest

    ButchKersh wrote:
    > What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with an
    > error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
    > Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
    > (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
    > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
    > open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
    > accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
    > questions

    You're probably connected to one isp and trying to send email through
    OE on another isp, right? Like, for example, you're connected to the
    internet through msn or something but trying to send mail on another
    smtp server.

    Often, to prevent spammers, isp's won't allow users to send mail
    through any smtp server other than their own. They block port 25.
    Here's a link about it.
    http://www.qksoft.com/qk-smtp-server/socket-error-10060.html

    Wayne

    Wayne Nix, Sep 22, 2006
  5. ButchKersh

    richard Guest

    "Wayne Nix" <> wrote in message

    > ButchKersh wrote:
    >> What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with
    >> an
    >> error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
    >> Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
    >> (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
    >> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
    >> open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
    >> accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
    >> questions

    > You're probably connected to one isp and trying to send email through
    > OE on another isp, right? Like, for example, you're connected to the
    > internet through msn or something but trying to send mail on another
    > smtp server.
    >
    > Often, to prevent spammers, isp's won't allow users to send mail
    > through any smtp server other than their own. They block port 25.
    > Here's a link about it.
    > http://www.qksoft.com/qk-smtp-server/socket-error-10060.html
    >
    > Wayne

    Try the alternative port of 8025.
    I've had to do it with a couple of wifi accounts.

    richard, Sep 22, 2006