    what is wrong.
    I was able to find the file, but don't know how to tell
    what is wrong?

    Janice Bryant, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Your best bet might be a computer support service, which would be in the
    phone book. I'm not being short with you, it might be difficult to resolve
    it here.

    Justin Dutoit, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Janice Bryant

    MarkSJ Guest

    First of all, you are really asking this question in the wrong place. You
    might want to go to one of the operating system support groups or one of the
    many websites dedicated to problems like this.
    Second of all, anytime you are asking a support question, always supply as
    much information as possible.

    Some basics:

    Never ask an operating system question without telling what your operating
    system is. You most likely have Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 95 if
    you are having that problem. But how can you expect somebody to help
    without that information?

    Always include information about when the problem started; what software or
    hardware (if any) was installed right before the problem started. "It
    started when I installed my broadband" or "It started when I installed my
    new modem" or "It started right after installing the SpammerDeluxe
    Autodialer From Hell".

    Always include information about what you have already done to troubleshoot
    the problem. What have you already tried?

    Anyway, since you MOST LIKELY have Windows 98 (or a derivative thereof) to
    be seeing that problem, you can

    1 - run the System File Checker (Start - Run - SFC.exe), select the option
    to extract one file from installation disk, extract the IPHLPAPI.DLL from
    the installation CD and place in in your Windows/System folder, reboot your
    pc.

    If that doesn't help,

    2 - Reinstall Internet Explorer, or install a newer version, whatever. That
    will install IPHLPAPI.DLL.

    Mark.

    MarkSJ, Aug 28, 2003