    What needs to be replaced to fix this problem?
    Thanks
    ypauls
    ypauls, Jul 18, 2004

  2. ypauls

    Thor Guest

    "ypauls" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The computer is giving an error message while booting.
    > The error message says to check the BIOS.
    >
    > After getting into the BIOS setup menu the error message is under:
    > Power,
    > Hardware monitor,
    > Vcore voltage.
    > The +12V Voltage registers 10.94V - I am sure this is the problem.
    >
    > My questions are:
    > How is this affecting the computer? It runs and seems normal after
    > booting.
    > What needs to be replaced to fix this problem?
    > Thanks
    > ypauls

    A voltage that is out of spec can affect many aspects of the computer's
    operation. It could cause instability, crashing, data loss, etc. That being
    said, it could be that your motherboard's voltage monitoring is in error.
    You should check the +12V supply output with a voltmeter to confirm the
    reading.
    Thor, Jul 18, 2004

  3. ypauls

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "ypauls" <> wrote in news::

    > How is this affecting the computer? It runs and seems normal after
    > booting.
    > What needs to be replaced to fix this problem?
    > Thanks

    First, check the +12v supply with a multi-meter to be certain the BIOS
    reading is correct. Sensor chips are not always accurate. If it is indeed
    that low, it could be shortening the life of your peripherals, or
    corrupting your data. If it does turn out to be 10.94v, I would highly
    suggest you replace your power supply.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk