    'Fatal exception 034F: 00004438.'

    Does anyone have any idea what this means?

    Thanking you all

    sonsdad, Jun 26, 2003

  2. sonsdad

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... sonsdad said:

    > Hi Group
    >
    > I have had a slight problem that I seemed to have resolved except that on
    > occasions on start up I get an error message
    >
    > 'Fatal exception 034F: 00004438.'
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what this means?
    >
    > Thanking you all

    Can't find anything over at Google for that line, do you have any more info
    regarding the error message?

    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003

  3. sonsdad

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, let's see: You've had a slight problem, but didn't
    think that it might be connected with your current problem,
    and so you didn't mention what that 'slight problem' was;
    You didn't mention *anything* about your system; you didn't
    include the *verbatim* error message (not including stack
    dump and registers).
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:04:42 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bdfcjq$nsn$>
    sonsdad scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  4. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi Mike
    Sorry about my lack of info. The problem arose when i was recording a number
    of tapes to Cd. I ran out of memory and after removing and reinstalling my
    writer programme and tidying up my hard drive by removing a number of
    unwanted programmes I pulled back about 2gig. This meant I could continue
    working my way through the tapes without a problem.

    My system is Windows 98SE

    Thanks

    sonsdad, Jun 26, 2003
  5. sonsdad

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, and the *verbatim* error message was ... ?

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:52:10 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bdffcn$ra7$>
    sonsdad scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  6. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi Mike
    Sorry about this but I did not take down the full details of the error
    message in the belief that the what I had reported was enough.

    I apologise for wasting your time.

    Cheers

    sonsdad, Jun 26, 2003
  7. sonsdad

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I'm Brian, Mikes over there -------------->

    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003
  8. sonsdad

    °Mike° Guest

    You replied to Brian H. Never mind, try these fatal
    exception error resources:

    What Are Fatal Exception Errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;150314

    Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;150314#1

    FATAL EXCEPTION ERRORS
    http://aumha.org/kbefe.php

    Fatal Exception Errors
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/fatlexer.htm

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:07:21 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bdfg98$t3s$>
    sonsdad scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jun 26, 2003
  9. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi

    I resolved the problem by going through msconfig and deleting items from the
    startup menu and adding them progessively. It took me a while but all seems
    well. Time will tell I guess.

    Thanks once again

    sonsdad, Jul 1, 2003