    on a budget and now I can't get the tech support I need without paying the
    $60. If anyone knows what this means and what I need to do to fix it please
    let me know.

    jbarn43, Jan 2, 2008

  2. jbarn43

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    If you google for "0xfffff98000DE6180" you will have two hits.
    One of them is a french site in which the root cause is overclocking.
    Are you overclocking your memory/processor or video card?
    The other hit is this place:

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...C?topicId=3168481341&postId=32336875649&sid=1

    which I cannot access from work because it is blocked by the company firewall.
    Maybe there is something you can find there also.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 2, 2008

  3. jbarn43

    jbarn43 Guest

    Ya, I tried that with Blizzard and the same thing happens. They told me a fix
    but it didnt work.

    jbarn43, Jan 3, 2008
  4. jbarn43

    jbarn43 Guest

    And no I am not overclocking at all

    jbarn43, Jan 3, 2008
  5. jbarn43

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Time to be more specific.
    Describe us your PC (mobo make and model, processor, video card, memory, etc.)
    Does this problem happen only with games or also with apps?
    Have you checked the games manufacturers forums and Vista specific game forum?
    What drivers are you using for your video card?
    Did you check your BIOS settings to see if something is not where it should
    be?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 3, 2008
  6. jbarn43

    jbarn43 Guest

    Ok,

    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
    AMD 6000+
    Patriot PC2-6400 4GB Kit (2x2GB)
    PNY Nvidia 7900GT (Updated the latest drivers and DirectX 9)
    Western Digital 7200.10 500GB STAT Hard Drive
    Thermaltake 700W PSU 12V
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit

    It only happens when playing games never an app. I looked on the games
    forums and a few people are having that same problem but there is no solution
    to the problem. Happens with people that have XP as well but not as much as
    64-bit users.

    I have checked the BIOS and everything is at optimal settings, I even called
    ASUS to make sure everything was cool and they said that it was.

    jbarn43, Jan 5, 2008
  7. jbarn43

    Carlos Guest

    jbarn43,
    The only issue I can think of is heat buildup inside your cabinet during
    gameplay due to insufficient ventilation.
    Try removing the lateral covers of your PC and do some heavy gaming.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 6, 2008
  8. jbarn43

    jbarn43 Guest

    During game play my system inside is only 26 C. I have a 255mm fan blowing
    directly on the motherboard, a 120mm fan for the hard drive blowing to the
    back, a 120mm fan blowing the hot air out and the CPU fan is a thermaltake
    120mm silent high performance fan. I seriously doubt its overheating problems

    jbarn43, Jan 9, 2008
  9. jbarn43

    Carlos Guest

    Out of ideas right now.