error message video mode not supported

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmlnRWQ=?=, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. at the end of win xp x64 installation a small square comes up with video mode
    not
    supported and has three square blocks in it one red one green and one blue.
    Does
    this mean it is trying to start RGB video mode? I have two computers with
    AMD64
    CPU's. 1 I built using AMD64 dual core 4200+ ASUS A8N Board ATI radeon x700
    video board and 2 gb memory. It is working just fine in dual boot. The
    other is an
    HP Pavilion A1310N with AMD64 3700+ CPU and win xp media OS running 32 bit.
    I wanted to change the HP to dual boot and add x64. I have been reading this
    newsgroup since thanksgiving and have read Charlies blog on installing dual
    boot.
    I repartitioned 60gb of the 200gb hd in the hp and formatted it for NTFS. I
    left the
    original installation alone ( it is only about 15gb with OS program and
    data). The
    OS is Win Media though. I have read Charlies blog and it does not say you
    can not use that OS. My other computer has the win xp pro 32bit on it. The
    video
    card in the hp is ATI x200. Do I need a new video driver? Do I need a new
    video card, my other one is ATI x700, or what am I doing wrong. Does it
    have to
    be win xp Pro instead of xp media? Any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnRWQ=?=, Jan 29, 2006

  2. I have not seen that actual error myself, but you do need 64bit drivers -
    anything that needs a driver in the 32bit installation, will need a 64bit
    driver in it's own installation.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 29, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnRWQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Windows Media dual boots with x64 just fine. You should go to the ATI site
    and find the most recent x64 drivers for your card.

    John Barnes, Jan 29, 2006