Error Message using Bluetooth from PC to Nokia N-Gage

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jean Carrières, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I've just installed Bluetooth on my PC so I could transfer data to my
    N-Gage. I think I've done everything right:

    * The N-Gage recognizes (pairs) with the computer.
    * The computer recognizes (pairs) with the N-Gage

    Still, when I try to send to my N-Gage, it gives me the following error:

    "Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard"
    "The file transfer was not successful."
    "The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device
    did not respond."
    "If you send the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push
    Profile is installed."

    Now, I know Bluetooth on my N-Gage works because I received files from other
    people in the past, so that cannot be the problem.

    A note about my hardware:

    * DELL Desktop 2400, 2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM. New machine, no funky hardware
    * Nokia N-Gage QD, qualified OBEX
    * My PC Bluetooth device is from IOGEAR (product number GBU201W1)

    It sounds like OBEX File Push Profile isn't installed on my computer, but
    I'm truly not sure how to install it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,

    Jean
    Jean Carrières, Dec 30, 2004

  2. hi, I have had and am having probelms with bluetooth and have some of the
    same error messages as you, the way i have fixed mine in the past is by
    changing the driver for the comps bluetooth. Some computers automaticaly make
    bluetooth devices run with the microsoft driver but the device might only
    work properly with the driver from the instillation Cd, so bring up the
    device manager, (control panel>performance and
    maintance>system>hardware>device manager) and update the driver using the
    advanced option and search for it yourself and it should bring up ur devices
    driver, hope this helps.
    Spencer

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BlbmNlciBK?=, Jul 27, 2005