Error message problem at boot-up.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knut Arvid Keilen, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. When starting up Windows XP Home Edition on my oldest disc / partition,
    I receive one or more of the following error messages :

    RUNDLL
    Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\b.bin\MWSBAR.DLL

    RUNDLL
    Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLL

    The closest I come up to this routine (or rather Internet Explorer toolbar)
    when using Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs,
    is My Web Search from the same name (My Web Search).

    Web addresses are http://www.mywebsearch.com ,
    http://helpint.mywebsearch.com ,
    http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/help/help.jhtml and
    http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/eula/eula.jhtml

    This routine should not be confused with My Search Bar from My Search.
    Web addresses are http://www.mysearch.com ,
    http://help.mysearch.com/searchbar.html ,
    http://www.mysearch.com/jsp/softwareterms.jsp

    The installation files I have and use now are probably more recent than the
    existing installation which is an old one.

    The name of the files / directories in the structure differ as well.

    When booting up and /or trying to uninstall from Control Panel - Add /
    Remove Programs I get the RUNDLL error message(s) as stated above.

    Since I have the most recent installation files from My Web Search (which
    are the ones that I am currently dealing with),
    I may decide whether or not this routine should run on my system or not.

    My problem is this error message that I am receiving.

    How do I get rid of this error message ?

    Thanks in advice !

    Regards,

    Knut Arvid Keilen
    Knut Arvid Keilen, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

    > When starting up Windows XP Home Edition on my oldest disc / partition,
    > I receive one or more of the following error messages :
    >
    > RUNDLL
    > Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\b.bin\MWSBAR.DLL
    >
    > RUNDLL
    > Error when loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLL
    >
    > The closest I come up to this routine (or rather Internet Explorer
    > toolbar) when using Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs,
    > is My Web Search from the same name (My Web Search).
    >
    > Web addresses are http://www.mywebsearch.com ,
    > http://helpint.mywebsearch.com ,
    > http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/help/help.jhtml and
    > http://helpint.mywebsearch.com/intlinfo/eula/eula.jhtml

    .... spyware, adware. Get rid of that.
    You may go into IE options / programs, and disable all suspect activex
    controls. Afterwards, download/update and run spybot s&d or adaware.

    > My problem is this error message that I am receiving.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this error message ?

    Maybe a start in "safe mode" and msconfig.

    Walter Mautner, Feb 21, 2007