    Malone Guest

    Windows XP Pro will not start I get the following message (windows could not
    start because file missing or corrupt (windows root \system32\hal.Dll)
    Malone, Apr 21, 2008

  2. You can do a system repair from the CD to fix that. Or you can do the manual
    way: "Most likely you will need to expand the file from the CD. The command
    would be expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll. Substitute d:
    for the drive letter of your CD. Once you have expanded the file type "exit"
    to exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer. " (from
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm)

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Apr 21, 2008