    re-adding the account to Outlook without success. Any ideas on how to fix
    this?

    Thanks
    The Prophecy, Apr 19, 2004

  2. hello, I've the same problem and I even can't find the solution
    Roberto Umberto

    "The Prophecy" <> schreef in bericht
    > When I try to download messages from my Hotmail account through Outlook I
    > get this error message:
    >
    > Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
    > (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
    > The server responded ''. '
    >
    > I have checked Microsoft's site for this error and have not found

    anything.
    > I started getting this message about 3 months ago and have since had to
    > (because of unrelated problems) wipe my HD. After doing so I still got

    this
    > message. I have added my account to Outlook at my father's house and did

    not
    > get this error. My father and I are both running Windows XP Pro and

    Outlook
    > 2003 with all available updates for both. I have already tried removing

    and

    robert.vroegop, Apr 19, 2004

  3. The Prophecy

    Scrote Guest

    The Prophecy wrote:
    >> When I try to download messages from my Hotmail account through
    >> Outlook I get this error message:
    >>
    >> Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error
    >> (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
    >> The server responded ''. '
    >>
    >> I have checked Microsoft's site for this error and have not found
    >> anything. I started getting this message about 3 months ago and have
    >> since had to (because of unrelated problems) wipe my HD. After doing
    >> so I still got this message. I have added my account to Outlook at
    >> my father's house and did not get this error. My father and I are
    >> both running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003 with all available
    >> updates for both. I have already tried removing and re-adding the
    >> account to Outlook without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Dont know how helpful this will be, but a "direct whinge" might help
    http://office.microsoft.com/assista...ID=HA010982531033&CTT=4&Origin=CH063565691033

    Tony
    --
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
    limits.
    Scrote, Apr 19, 2004
  4. The Prophecy

    Jerry G. Guest

    Speak to your ISP. They may be the ones with the problem! This may be a
    fault with the port assignment for your account.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 19, 2004
  5. The Prophecy

    The Prophecy Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:
    > Speak to your ISP. They may be the ones with the problem! This may
    > be a fault with the port assignment for your account.

    Can't be a problem with the port assignment, because you can't assign a port
    to use when downloading e-mail from Hotmail through Outlook. I should have
    also mentioned that when downloading e-mail from my ISP e-mail account, I do
    not get any errors.
    The Prophecy, Apr 19, 2004