    specified module could not be found .
    Can anybody help me get rid of this annoying error message
    Steve
    Stephen Long, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Stephen Long

    ñKs Guest

    Disable system restore, reboot, then reable system restore. The trojan is
    copied into the system restore backup file.

    "Stephen Long" <> wrote in message
    > A few weeks ago - I had a virus on my computer - after doing a scan with

    my
    > recently installed 2004 Norton Anti Virus programme.
    > The Virus - Backdoor IRC.bot - managed to go away after scanning

    the
    > system a few times and I have a confirmation alert - that it has gone.
    > Since then - I have an error message popping up every few seconds

    and

    ñKs, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Stephen Long

    Sultan Guest

    Stephen Long wrote in news:bt92to$ejd$:

    > A few weeks ago - I had a virus on my computer - after doing a scan
    > with my recently installed 2004 Norton Anti Virus programme.
    > The Virus - Backdoor IRC.bot - managed to go away after
    > scanning the
    > system a few times and I have a confirmation alert - that it has gone.
    > Since then - I have an error message popping up every few
    > seconds and
    > is annoying - and have tried the system restore several times
    > (Working with Windows XP home edition) Message reads -- error loading
    > C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~2\ADDRES~1\cnbabe.dll and underneath it states The
    > specified module could not be found .
    > Can anybody help me get rid of this annoying error message
    > Steve

    Your not the only one that has had this very same problem. The solution
    is here:
    http://www.computercops.us/postt9750.html

    Follow the step by step that OrhanAnnie describes and you will be good to
    go.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 4, 2004