    deleted something in error.

    Would appreciate anyone's advice.

    Barb

    barb, Jul 10, 2003

  2. barb

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help barb said:

    > For the past few days I have found that if I click on some links on web
    > pages that I get the message FILE NOT FOUND, 'the requested URL is not
    > available on this server' when I have been able to access the site
    > previously.
    >
    > I haven't altered anything that I'm aware of, just wondered if I could have
    > deleted something in error.
    >
    > Would appreciate anyone's advice.
    >
    > Barb

    Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
    Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 10, 2003

  3. barb

    Barbara Rose Guest

    ..>
    > Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
    > Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?

    I don't think so, because it's happened on several sites, just seems too
    much of a coincidence. No, I haven't e-mailed the sites, that's a thought.

    Barb

    Barbara Rose, Jul 10, 2003
  4. barb

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:34:59 +0100, In this world we created "Barbara
    Rose" <> wrote :

    >.>
    >> Could be that the file is no longer available at that site.
    >> Have you tried e-mailing the sites admin?
    >>

    >I don't think so, because it's happened on several sites, just seems too
    >much of a coincidence. No, I haven't e-mailed the sites, that's a thought.
    >
    >Barb

    If available.
    Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
    Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
    To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
    stand alone one to check the sites,
    http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 10, 2003
  5. barb

    barb Guest

    > If available.
    > Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
    > Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
    > To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
    > stand alone one to check the sites,
    > http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

    Thanks for the link I will try it. I don't have those options from the
    Start button, after System Info it doesn't say Internet Repair. Perhaps if
    I reinstall IE again it will help?

    Barb

    barb, Jul 10, 2003
  6. barb

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:30:14 +0100, In this world we created "barb"
    <> wrote :

    >> If available.
    >> Start/programs/Accessories/System Tools/System
    >> Information/Tools/Internet Repair and re-boot.
    >> To check if it is a browser issue you can download this very small
    >> stand alone one to check the sites,
    >> http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

    >Thanks for the link I will try it. I don't have those options from the
    >Start button, after System Info it doesn't say Internet Repair. Perhaps if
    >I reinstall IE again it will help?

    If this is winXP then it may help.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

    HTH :)