    ok it just reboots. Same with safe mode, and all of the modes on the F8
    menu. Right now I have the hard drive in this computer as the slave, because
    I did some virus scanning and stuff. Any help would be great.
    vince, Jul 22, 2004

  2. vince

    The Prophecy Guest

    vince wrote:
    > Just today I started getting this error right when the login screen
    > would come up for Window XP. I haven't changed anything on the
    > computer, just started happening randomly. the error message says:
    >
    > lsass.exe-system error
    > an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function
    >
    > I looked up lsass.exe and it has to do with the login screen. When I
    > press ok it just reboots. Same with safe mode, and all of the modes
    > on the F8 menu. Right now I have the hard drive in this computer as
    > the slave, because I did some virus scanning and stuff. Any help
    > would be great.

    Unless somebody else can come up with something else, I suggest that you do
    a Repair install of Windows XP.

    A guide on how to do a repair install for Windows XP can be found here:

    The Prophecy, Jul 22, 2004

  3. vince

    Kenny Guest

    You may have the Sasser virus, look here:
    lsass.exe-system error
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/28079/

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 22, 2004
  4. vince

    vince Guest

    iI tired repair install but it asks for administrator passowrd. I've tried
    everything and a password reset tool, but that didn't work. Not sure what to
    do.

    vince, Jul 22, 2004