    Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    Thanks for any help.
    Bob

    Bob Holloway, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Bob Holloway

    olfart Guest

    "Bob Holloway" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >. I am running XP home and I recently downloaded and installed
    > internet explorer 7 and am receiving an error message when I close
    > Explorer and have had a couple of crashes with the same error message.
    > I talked to my computer manufacturer and they said it is a problem
    > with Internet Explorer 7. The error message reads:
    > The instruction at "0X66960b97" referenced memory at "0X00000018", the
    > memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
    > Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Bob

    Uninstall it and go back to IE6
    Wait until some of the bugs are out of IE7 before trying it again

    olfart, Dec 2, 2006

  3. Bob Holloway

    Alf Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob Holloway" <> wrote in message
    >>. I am running XP home and I recently downloaded and installed
    >> internet explorer 7 and am receiving an error message when I close
    >> Explorer and have had a couple of crashes with the same error message.
    >> I talked to my computer manufacturer and they said it is a problem
    >> with Internet Explorer 7. The error message reads:
    >> The instruction at "0X66960b97" referenced memory at "0X00000018", the
    >> memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
    >> Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >> Bob

    > Uninstall it and go back to IE6
    > Wait until some of the bugs are out of IE7 before trying it again

    If you do that, once you try to reinstall it will break XP. Back up your
    data as your start button and bar will vanish.

    Alf, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Bob Holloway

    Dave Guest

    Bob Holloway wrote:
    > . I am running XP home and I recently downloaded and installed
    > internet explorer 7 and am receiving an error message when I close
    > Explorer and have had a couple of crashes with the same error message.
    > I talked to my computer manufacturer and they said it is a problem
    > with Internet Explorer 7. The error message reads:
    > The instruction at "0X66960b97" referenced memory at "0X00000018", the
    > memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.
    > Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Bob

    I had installed IE7 a couple months ago and had no problems. Then all
    of a sudden, this morning I received error message and IE shutdown
    every time I opened the program. I ended up taking 30 minutes,
    reinstalled the program from Microsoft website with all new update
    files, etc., and now it works again. Something must have gotten
    corrupted.

    Dave, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Bob Holloway

    Larry Crites Guest

    I didn't have that problem. Installed IE 7, had problems, uninstalled, and
    now I've reinstalled and no problems with IE 7.

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Bob Holloway

    Bob Holloway Guest

    Thanks.I restalled IE6 and everythings seems to be OK...I guess I will
    wait and then go back to IE7 ..........Appreciate the advice

    Bob

    Bob Holloway, Dec 3, 2006