    But when it shows, OE is running and sends and received fine. The only thing
    I've altered recently is that I've installed Office 2007.
    OS is XP, OE is version 6.2

    Cichs, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Cichs

    Guest

    On 8 jan, 11:05, "Cichs" <> wrote:
    > I keep getting the error message
    >
    > Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the
    > Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your
    > disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x80004005,
    > 183)
    >
    > But when it shows, OE is running and sends and received fine. The only thing
    > I've altered recently is that I've installed Office 2007.
    > OS is XP, OE is version 6.2

    I have the same problem (with Office 2007 recently installed on XP).
    May have to do with "trying out" Outlook (which I did, but went back
    to Outlook Express that I like better). On the conversion to Outlook
    archives were made. In Outlook Express they seem not to be
    appraochable (other extensions used in Outlook than in Outlook
    Express). Don't know how to solve it, but Outlook Express is working
    well, apart from the annoying messages. So, anyone with a good idea?

    , Feb 27, 2007